Very often, at least 4 times per year, in the past 3 years, I had tonsilitis followed by fever, cold and mucous throat inflammation. That represents a big problem for me because I work and travel a lot and- spending 7 days in bed every time is now too much luxury for me. My friends and family members told me that tonsilectomy will solve the problem, but, I don’t know should I consider so radical solution because I heard about great role that tonsils have in the human immune system. Please help!

I understand how much problems can give tonsilitis recurring from time to time.
Yes, you’re right about tonsils and their part in the human defense-system as a first line of defense against viruses spread by air but -you didn’t know one thing- tonsilectomy could be a problem for 5-year child, but not for you. Once the tonsils have played their part in the maturing of your body's defense mechanism in early youth, you don’t need them as much as you needed them earlier in life. Therefore, I think that tonsilectomy is the right choice for you. Even after operation you can develop some viral infections like colds etc. but, however, one big problem will definitely be solved.

My daughter is 5. Since she was 2, she has had tonsilitis approx 4 or 5 times a year. In between bouts of tonsilitis she regularly has a tummy ache which one GP told me is somehow linked to her tonsil problems. We are on the waiting list for a tonsilectomy but does anyone know if the tonsilectomy will stop the tummy aches between bouts of tonsilitis? Thanks.

i got my tonsils out in october (2008) and it was very painful at first but if you take the correct medication u will be fine ... oh and when i got mine out the nurse gave me jelly and ice cream but this was awful and made the pain worse ! the dangly thing between your tonsils also swells but this usually reduces about a week later ! oh and ive been healthier since i got mine out , ive had no colds or nothing so ! well good luck if your having a tonsillectomy ! :-D x