Hello everybody. I’m scheduled for tonsilectomy next week. I know almost everything there is to know about the procedure itself. But, I don’t know too much about what should I do after. Will I have to eat some specific food after the treatment??? What about drinking??? I would really appreciate your comments. Thanks.

I believe that your doc will explain you what you can and what you can’t drink/et after tonsillectomy. But, nevertheless, it is always good to find out more about it… First, drinking plenty of fluids is the single most important thing you should do following a tonsillectomy. That is something you should have on your mind. I suggest drinks such as Gatorade or any non-acidic fruit juice. On the other hand, eating is not as important as drinking for the first couple of days. When you feel like eating you are allowed to. But, even so I recommend you start out with soft non-chew foods like jello, pudding, scrambled eggs or similar, for the first week. If nothing else, just try to stay away from chips or anything that can scratch your throat. Also, it would be vise to stay away from foods which are sour, salty, sharp or hot since this may cause pain and discomfort.

I have a 7 yr old girl and we are on the 5th day of recovery. She is READY to eat !! Can she eat pancakes? She's craving them!
What about powderd dognuts? Bread and butter?
help
Sarah Lowry :?

im 13 and have just had my tonsils out yesturday i will advise anybody to eat crisps and water, ice lollies and toast are very helpful as i am already starting to eat normal foods two days in. Hope you take my advice as i am experiencing it now,
thank you
charlie