I had a tonsilectomy last year because my tonsils were abnormally large and infected, although I never had tonsilitis or strep throat. After the surgery I had a quick and easy recovery but when I started eating solids again, I had a hard time swallowing and a year later I still can't swallow normally and now I eat super slow and food goes down the wrong way and I no longer take much pleasure in eating and I avoid social situations involving food. If anyone else has experienced this, please reply.

I have the same problem along with a few others. I had my tonsillectomy
4 months ago.

I have had the same problem and really would like to have any advice on what to do. I have spent a lot of money on medical bills getting 2nd opinions and trying to find a solution to the problem.
Has anyone had any luck

After my tonsilectomy I too cannot swallow. I have lost 20 poounds, and
only started at 114, now I'm 94. I have done two barium swallow test
which showed my epiglotis is severly damaged. The epiglottis is the flap
that inverts every time you swallow, it quickly inverts over your air passage way so no food goes that way. Well mine is moving very slow
now so food gets stuck, and it doesn't close all the way, leaving the
possibility for food to go into my lungs. I have a very hard time eating.
I have to really try hard all day just to maintain this weight. I so for have been unsuccessful in finding a doctor to help me. In my case though I know for sure something went wrong during my surgery. When I woke in the recovery room the doctor told me the housing on the cord had shorted out and had burned the inside of my mouth and lip. So every doctor I go to doesn't want to help me because they don't want to be involved in something like this. When all I want is someone to help me be able to swallow again before I wither away. I was hoping to find someone online who maybe had somenthing similar and was having success in getting help.