Well I was going to head to school yesterday morning, at 8 am, halfway down the walk I experience an odd pain jolting from the right testicle to the kidney, I shrug it off as something that will go away, well minutes later, I feel it mainly in my right testicle now. Thinking I can get through this I try to tough it out but leave at 9:30 am. I go to the hospital at 10:15 am and the pain is gone. I went to the restroom inside and saw no problems. Urine color was okay, no blood, no discharge or stinging while going. I see the doc and tell him what happened, but he doesn't have much of a clue. So he slaps the gloves on and inspects and presses on my right testicle on a spot he called the epididymis, which hurt but not terribly. He said it could be a case of epididymitis which is basically an infection of the part I mentioned. However I experience no other pain and can move fine, before it had impeded some of my walking ability and couldn't shift to the right., which I told him. Since he couldn't give me a clear diagnosis and my pain went away and have no other symptoms he said to come back if the pain comes back. I'm fine for about 8-9 hours when I experience the pain again, but not near as bad. I could walk fairly well and even went to the restroom and saw no abnormalities nor did I feel stinging. I even check my testicle for any real discoloration but it all looks normal aside from one being larger than the other.I have no lower back or abdominal pain to speak of. I've been taking advil for two days now to try help reduce anything and I have been drinking water to try and flush out my system, I know naturally one testicle is usually bigger, but I can tell it's on the abnormal side. It's only been a day since this ocurred so I can't properly judge whether or not the swelling will go down. The doctor said there was no signs of hernia. Epididymitis sounds possible but the bacteria is usually through sexual contact and I haven't had sex since December 2010 to a partner who was in fact clean. If it was bacteria I'd probably see some more symptoms. I can't say it's torsion because I don't have most of the symptoms besides swelling and pain but my pain as I said is scarce to feel and I have no dull ache in that area either. I check often but see no discoloration of either testicle it just looks like the right is bigger. If I had to describe it, its like the number 3, in some cases the top is normal and the bottom is visibly larger, that's about what it looks like. I do not think it's cancer even though I know the swelling is sometimes painless. The doctor said he didn't see anything really out of order and couldn't go off of anything if I had no real symptoms. I dont know if this may help but the morning of the pain before I experienced it, I did try to masturbate and strained to reach climax but didn't quite make it, which was fine because I didn't feel any pain, this was 7 am when I woke up then an hour later I felt pain, I notcied swelling. I don't know if the term "blue balls" has any play in here or not. Its been a day since the pain happened, it still feels like its swollen, I haven't felt pain today, but I haven't done much to make sure I don't try to agitate it. Does anyone know what it could be? The whole sack feels normal. I constantly check for discharge and any sign of blood in my urine, I haven't tried to masturbate but I know I can get an erection without any problem. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated because I'm pretty much in the dark here. I'm 18 years old and had no previous problems in my groin. Straining my muscles does not hurt it at all. Did I just pull something?

Hi Anxiety,

It might be a result of your straining to climax.  It could also be epididymitis or even a kidney stone can sometimes cause testicle/groin pain.

Keep an eye on it, as you are doing.  Keep up the fluids. 

Give it a few days and see what happens.

So to update, it's now Sunday, as I mentioned the pain occured Wednesday. No real developments. Everything is about the same. I notice that the same spot is fairly tender and can sometimes get bumped on occasion but most of the time I feel fine. It's still slightly swollen, but I haven't developed any new symptoms. I can still strain my muscles and go to the restroom with no problems. But nothing new at all. I still don't know what exactly it is. My parents said if it does get worse, I will indeed seek medical attention ASAP. I still can't say this is a bacterial infection, because there is still a lack of indicators. I know swelling on its own usually takes several days before it will subside however, I just get...impatient, even though I know I'm psychologically drawn to this area because of what I felt that day. It's more of waiting is what gets my mind to wandering. I still take advil but not near as often in the day. I drink more fluids outside of water, but no extreme binges of soda or anything of the matter. Will this just go away?