Hello, I'm 17 years old, And i've been having a strange pain in my left testicle. I've went to the hospital 2 times for this pain [and its not terrible pain, just this annoying feeling like someones poking it constantly, but now it has been getting a bit bad..the pain that is] , and they checked for testicular torsion and everything came back negative, they did an ultra sound those 2 visits to the hospital, everything was pretty fine. I've been very nervous about this, Doctor said im fine, and when i hear that, im alright for a few days, then all of a sudden the pain is back. I've been getting this pain since august of 2007. I'm extremely concerned. Also when i get the pain, I get an odd pain down my leg. I have no lumps, no cancer, nothing at all, It's very strange, I've talked to my mother about this and of course she doesn't understand, and i dont have a father to talk to about this problem. Can someone please get back to me on this ? Oh and another thing, I also read Testicular Torsion is 'winter syndrome' or something along those lines..And I also read when it's cold, the sack shrinks in to stay warm? Usually when that happens to me, my left testicle looks odd, Like not positioned normally, is that too normal ? or not normal? Am I going through a change ? Also, When i feel the bottom of the left testicle its really tender.. and hurts a lot, it actually feels like it's smaller. I've masturbated since it says if theres blood in your semen then see a doctor right away, But i cant tell if there is, Plus after i masturbate it goes away..then a few hours later its back again! I'd extremely appreciate it if someone got back to me. Thank you.

Does anyone even help on this site, or do they answer the most silliest questions and not the serious ones.

i would like to help you but i am a girl and i dont really no what youre meaning because well obviuosly were differnt.. but i can maybe try to give you an explinantion.. do you ever get like sinus infections? those can spread there and casue an infection of the epididimis.... i think... it makes them feel tender... but thats about all i know.. sorry if im no help. and if you have had this problem for a while and there has not been any growth.. and the doctor says nothing then its probably not cancer.. it may even be some kinda nerve.. something like a pinched nerve espesically if you feel it in you leg at times.. and about the position thing.. if it is pinched it may have caused swelling.. and that would make it uncomfterbal and odd looking.but i dont know how you would pinch a nerve in there.. . sorry if i didnt help anny

I get many sinus infections actually. Thats the main thing i get, I've never had a problem with sinus infections with the testicle pain though. and it does feel a bit tender. Every visit i go to the doctors about this problem, they say theres nothing wrong. Not sure if this is a good way of explaining it but when it's cold, and the testicles go up to stay a certain temperature.. which i read on wikipedia i think, anyways, thats where i see the change of its position. It's not straight like the right testicle, its more idk how to put it.. Lop sided? It's sort of a light pain, its not shaaarp, but the annoying pain is there. I'd just like to fix this problem, know that theres another way this could be happening, im really sick of thinking its a twisted torsion it also makes me nervous. You're helping a bit though which is good

Once again, I called my urologist.. he said put a warm towel over it and go for another ultra sound... everytime i go they find nothing yet i still have pain and i see the testicle pointing straight as my sack goes in. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It sounds like a varicocele but they usually find those in the ultrasound. Do you do any sports, like running, biking or weight lifting? Did the pain change since it first started? If you elevate your sack, does the pain go down? I had epididymitis and my testicles were quite tender at that time, I still have residual pain from the infection. I assume you had a urine test when you went to the urologist?

i used to play football.. but that was a long time ago, lately, i've just been home sitting down, usually when i walk im fine, the pain is worse when i sit down, and when i elevate my pain does go down. and yes i did have a urine test, i went to the ER for the pain, a urologist was there to check up on it but found nothing wrong, yet i have pain all the time.. i dont understand the pain he said the testicles are find and they're very healthy, they look normal nothing abnormal in there.. and i told him about my testicle looking as if its twisted in another direction he said thats normal... but what i dont get is, wheres the pain coming from. it bothers me a lot, silly to say, i've been sleeping on my back now for a long time im scared i'll just flip over and twist my testicle.. lol

another update, my testicles look a bit red now, is that a bad sign ?

Well you have had expert consultation on the matter. I'm not really sure what additional advice you are going to gain here.

If you had torsion it would show up on an U/S and it is also extremely painful.

The swelling and pain seem to indicate some kind of inflammation. You can try to take anti-inflammatory medication and see if that helps.

How would you describe the pain on a scale of 1-10? I don't see anything that leads me to believe any of the vascular or nerve structure has been damaged as you don't seem to mention extreme pain at any point in your posts.

You should not be afraid to get a second opinion. Obviously your testicle is not fine if you are still in pain. Despite the lack of diagnostic evidence the swelling and redness should be clear clinical indications that everything is not okay. I hope you feel better soon.

my pain is about a 6. sometimes i get this really high stinging pain for a split second which is definitely a 10. My lower abdomen hurts sometimes as well, like a sore pain.. I masturbated today and i noticed some odd round things in it like a very very light orangeish.. color.. and my sperm isnt white, and it hurt the tip of my penis. I'm extremely sick of this pain and whats going down there. And thanks Psychris, i hope i feel better soon too.

That seems like it would be indicative of infection. You should let your urologist know about this new symptom soon.

thank you very much! I had my mom call up my urologist, and he told me to go to the ER right away [it was around 10] and he checked for a torsion, ultra sound of course, and he said every things fine, and its definitely an infection, on meds now hopefully i feel better after the 14 days.. i never knew an infection in the testicles could make your testicles look lopsided, or oddly positioned..

oh and, im finally going in for surgery in march, he thought it'd be the best bet..

well, i got my surgery done, and im in a lot of sore pain... now for me just to recover haha, it was worth it though, at leats now i know im okay.

Star ov fire,

Are you ok now? I have a same symptom. What did you have? Why did you need a surgery? Please advise...

Thanks,

Tulipvang