I HAVE SEEN NUMEROUS DOCTORS OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS THOUGH NONE OF THEM COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT I HAD IN REGARDS TO MY SYMPTOMS. I'VE BEEN TOLD THAT THE PAIN IS COMING FROM A SWOLLEN EPIDITIMUS, AND THAT CAFFIENE AND ALCOHOL WERE THE CAUSES. I STOPPED BOTH OF THOSE FOR A MONTH AND I STILL HAVE PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMINAL AND RIGHT TESTICLE. WHEN I PERFORM MY OWN EXAM (FEELING THE TESTICLE FOR BUMPS OR ANYTHING THAT FEELS OUT OF THE ORDINARY) I FIND A SPOT WHERE THE PAIN SHOOTS TO MY HIP AND THEN RIGHT BACK TO THE TESTICLE. DURING MY LAST VISIT, EVEN THOUGH MY DOCTOR (UROLOGIST) SAID MY EPIDITIMUS WAS NOT SWOLLEN, IT WAS STILL PAINFUL. I HAVE FELT THIS FEELING OF THE PAIN GOING BACK AND FOURTH TO MY HIP BEFORE, BUT NEVER TO THE TOUCH. IT HAS ALSO SHOT THOUGH AND AROUND MY HIPS ENDING SOMEWHERE IN MY LOWER BACK. THE PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMMEN IS CHRONIC, AND CAN SHOOT HIGHER INTO THE ABS AT TIMES. THE PAIN CAN ALSO BE IN THE TESTICLE (EVEN MORE CHRONIC) AND IN THE HIP AND BUTTOCK (THOUGH THE LATTER IS LESS COMMON). I'M REALLY GROWING TIRED OF THE PAIN AS NOTHING TAKES IT AWAY. I HAD TESTICLE TRAUMA EARLIER IN THE YEAR AND IT WAS ABOUT THAT TIME THAT I STARTED NOTICING THE PAIN IN MY TESTICLE. MY UROLOGIST SAYS IT JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE A COINSIDENCE THAT IT STARTED HURTING AT THAT TIME AS HE FEELS THIS IS ALL RELATED TO CAFFIENE AND ALCOHOL - SAYS SEVERAL MILLION MALES HAVE THIS PROBLEM. I CAN'T SEE WHY PEOPLE WOULD PUT UP WITH THIS PAIN IF THAT WAS TRULY THE CASE. I MEAN, ONE GLASS OF WINE SHOULDN'T LEAVE YOUR LOWER ABDOMMEN ON FIRE AND YOUR TESTICLE FEELING LIKE IT'S STUCK IN A VICE. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST PAIN I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TRYING GET SOME RELIEF BUT NO ONE HAS THE ANSWER. IT'S QUITE POSSIBLE THAT IT COULD BE RELATED TO ALCOHOL AND CAFFIENE BUT IT CAME ON SO SUDDEN, I MEAN LIKE OVER NIGHT. AND I REALLY THINK MAYBE THE TRAUMA MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. I WILL TAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS AT THIS POINT. CONFUSED. FRUSTRATED. IN PAIN.

I have simuler problems and my Uroligist has idea either. I have researched lots of issues. I'm having my back checked out next week and this could be my issue? From what I've researched a back injury could cause testicle pain? Here are a few other ideas that could casuse testicle pain.

Symptoms of Kidney stones:

• No early symptoms - early stages have no symptoms
Severe abdominal pain
• Kidney pain - sharp pain usually on the back and at the side
o Severe back pain
o Side pain
• Nausea
• Vomiting
• Groin pain
• Hematuria

• Kidney infection symptoms - very serious symptoms:
o Fever
o Chills
o Vomiting
o Blood in urine
o Smelly urine
o Cloudy urine
o Burning when urinating
o Urinary urgency

I was looking for info on similar pain to you and found this website: http://www.ppodsyndrome.com/index.htm I took the questionnaire and scored 50 which suggests that I do suffer from it. The question is has my doc here ever heard of it and will our helath service treat it?

just some general suggestions:-

avoid any alcoholic drink thats above 5% in alcohol and limit intake to max of 2 drinks per night.
drink 1 liter of water when you wake up every morning (going to be tough but you will see the benefits within a fortnight), and keep body well hydrated during the day.
drink green tea if caffeine is a must.
before retiring to rest at night drink a glass of warm milk mixed with organic honey.

some more specific suggestions:-

if pain is sharp shooting and sporadic, and if diagnosis is epidydimitis - then follow a strict plan of doxycycline, ciprofloxacin or a one dose azithromycin.

if pain is sharp shooting and sudden and if diagnosis cannot be made, it could be testicular torsion.this requires immediate (rush out of house now) medical attention now.

gonorhhea and chlamydia are the other possible causes that require urological examination, and can be cured with antibiotics.

other than the general suggestions above any correct diagnosis cannot be reached without medical professional consultation.

i too have this pain. its not to the exent, but it seems to come on after i have drank alcohol for a couple of days. although i am chiropractic student and i get regular adjustments and keep the "pressure" off the nerves that supply my testicles and lower back.

this helps my pain and symptoms.

I have the same pian in back testical left side and hip and i had A MRI done and i have a sliped disk pinching a nerve causing the pain.

I have similar pains. I was at a loss for a cause. Alcohol and caffeine cripple me, even in small doses. I've recently been told that it could be IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. No results yet, but check that out with your doctor. Supposedly this is very underdiagnosed in men.

Does anyone here have an issue with Anxiety and possible a stressful job? I was diagnosed with G.A.D. when I was 17. I now am 22. I have had this feeling now for about a week to a week and a 1/2. It seems the less I think about it the less I feel it. It hurts most when actually sitting down. But if its I.B.S (Irrital Bowel Syndrome) that might make sense to why I have it. Since you get Irrital Bowels when under anxiety. At first i thought it was my appendix, but its too low, and I have none of the symptoms. Just high anxiety not know whats going on, and mild discomfort that can be reduced while laying down.

Get a discogram performed. You probably have a pinched nerve L5,S1.
Your regular Doctor cannot prescribe the best pain medication for you.
Seek a pain management specialist or nuro person.
Good luck

My boyfriend was having lower back pain and intense pain in his right testicle. He could not sit or stand. He could barely lay still. He made several trips to the ER. The gave him a CT scan which was negative for kidney stones. It was suggested he had a pinched nerve. They prescribed steroids and pain killers and recommended he go see an orthopedic doctor. The orthopedic doctor listened to his story, made him do a couple of stretches and determined he had slightly dislocated his hip! The doctor did a couple of stretches to him and the pain relief was almost instantaneous. He is still not 100% but attends physical therapy 3 days a week and does not need paid killers at all. I found this message board when he first had his pain and thought he had a pinched nerve. Hopefully my post might be able to give someone else out there some direction for relief.

I found the following information at this site. I have the Lower right back and right testical pain. Additionally, I have bad muscle spasms in my lower abdomen and sharp shooting pains as it progresses. I went to the doctor and the can't figure it out. I drink lots of coffee and have cut it out of my diet, but the doctor couldn't tell me anything.

Hernias of various types can develop in men and women.

Inguinal or groin hernia: The most common type, inguinal hernias occur in about 2% of men in the United States. These hernias are divided into two different types, direct and indirect. Both occur in the area where the skin crease at the top of the thigh joins the torso (the inguinal crease), but they have slightly different origins. Both types of hernias are treated the same way.

Indirect inguinal hernia: An indirect hernia follows the pathway that the testicles made during prebirth development. It descends from the abdomen into the scrotum. This pathway normally closes before birth but remains a possible place for a hernia. Sometimes the hernial sac may protrude into the scrotum. An indirect inguinal hernia may occur in people of any age but becomes more common as people age.

Direct inguinal hernia: The direct inguinal hernia occurs slightly to the inside of the site of the indirect hernia, in a place where the abdominal wall is naturally slightly thinner. It rarely protrudes into the scrotum. Unlike the indirect hernia, which can occur in people of any age, the direct hernia almost always occurs in middle-aged and elderly people because the abdominal walls weaken with age.

I have the same thing. I had a fever for five days, then the abdominal and right testicle pain started. I have a spermatocele on my right testicle, which I believe gives me testicular trauma during ejaculation. The pain is currently in my lower back. It feels like arthritis kind of or some kind of joint pain, like a bad back. Previously, it was a kidney type pain, stabbing, but now it is a severe yet dull constant pain. The testicular pain continues but not as bad. The ER doctor told me that testicular pain can radiate to other parts of the abdomen. I was diagnosed with epidydimal orchitis, or a swollen right epidydimis due to some sort of infection. He gave me antibiotics, and told me that many times these infections take multiple rounds of antibiotics to get rid of. It sounded like a long battle. I am comforted to know that other ppl are suffering the same symptoms, I feel bad for you, because I understand the pain. They did an ultrasound on my testicles and found no sign of a ruptured spermotocele or any lumps - only a swollen epidydimis. This pain seems to travel, day by day, to another part of my midsection. It seems like it is a pain that lives and moves inside me. I hate it. If you have these symptoms, please - I would really like to know anything you can tell me.
-Painfully, Ben Hahn

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

read the original post, had thought I was alone with this pain. My right testicle is often tender to the touch, and jostling it--or something as simple as sitting down a little too quickly--causes blinding pain in my groin and hip. The worst part is--I have no left testicle. I lost it from testicular cancer two years ago.
I remember my left testicle hurt for several weeks, was accompanied by burning/difficulty urinating, and then turned "heavy" and rock hard, seemingly overnight. It was diagnosed as a tumor at the ER, and I had an orchiectomy and six weeks of follow-up radiation to my lower abdomen. Since then, my remaining testicle has sporadically flared up in pain. Two urologists have flippantly dismissed ultrasounds done on my surviving testicle as "completely normal", while a third said that it looks "abnormal". I've had the "epididimitis" diagnosis many times... In the meantime, no one has proposed any solutions for how to deal with this pain, nor have any doctors seen fit to prescribe anything to dull it (Excedrin and ibuprofen don't even begin to touch it). I'm scared as hell of losing my only nut. Feel like it's not a matter of doctors not being able to help me, but that I don't have ritzy enough health insurance for them to give a damn...

I can definitely relate to this thread. My life over the last year has been a nightmare of testucular, hip, lower back and upper buttock pain with the testicular pain being the worst by far. I have been to over 30 Doctors. Started just like yours - In the middle of the night, no warning, all at once. Diagnosed epititimitous twice, two different doctors, antibiotics. No change. Had full testing for STD's twice- all negative, full xray of hip- ok, testicular ultra sound- ok, mri of back- slight bulge in disk. Now I went to get an MRI of the hips and they think it is all being caused by hip retroversion. I am in physical therapy and it was better until I began doing my normal job again. This includes sitting in what shoud be a nice, comfortable office chair, but instead, it wrecks me. The sitting position is the only thing that changes as well as if I stand more. I do not know what to do now!!! I cannot work in my normal field anymore, the pain comes and goes, but seems that when I sit "wrong" , it wrecks me for days. I was hoping that therapy would fix it.

The pain usually starts in the upper buttock, you can feel when it is going to be bad. Occassionally you get a sharp "electrical" type pain in the testical that is not as bad as the regular pain, but can scare you. I also get a weird sensation feeling in the penis as well, like a pulling feeling or burning (remember I have been to multiple urologists and no problem found) that comes and goes and seems to get better when lying down. Then my hips and groin seem to tighten. I do sporadically feel a pain in the back part of my hip that comes and seems to feel like testicular/sickening pain. Sorry to ramble, but its desperation now. I am 37 years old and have had to leave my regular job for one where I just answer the phone (not move), had to move in with my parents because I cant afford my own place anymore, and cannot go out and do anything because I am too afraid of the pain. Thanks everyone.

By bf had same issues. Went to hospital, he has an inguinal hernia (in the lower right abdomen causing right testicle pain and swelling)