I have several small crater holes on the underside of my penis near the scrotum. They seem to be more numereous and some are higher up. They dont itch but seem to be related to hair follicles. They are unsightly and I fear that many women will be sickened by thier sight. Ive had this problem for seemingly my enitre life but Ive just begun to notice the extent of it.

Hi as long as you have had this for awhile and it cannot be from an STD/STI then I would think it is ingrown hairs and scarring. Many men can get acne around the base of their penis due to blocked pores and the moist dark area. Using a facecloth, and an unscented facial cleanser - such as Phsioderm or Spectrogel - Rub the cleanser into the area, be firm but not too much to cause irritation. The exfoliation will help with unblocking any pores or ingrown hairs. You can also put Alpha Hydroxy lotion on the area, to keep the regeneration process going. Just test it on a small part of your skin, just to make sure it wont irritate you OK? ALSO most women do not notice the underside of a mans penis! So you will be the only one noticing it, but what I stated above should totally help you out! Also try and air dry as much as possible. Good luck and health!

would it be wise to apply neosporin to the area?

Since you have had it for a long time, I doubt the Neosporin would make much of a difference! Neosporin is usually used for infections - or open sores! IF these are sores, you definitely need to get checked out by a STD clinic! Do you think if might be a STI/STD? Or is it something you've had since before you were sexually active? I just thought of something too - as long as you are sure there's no chance of it being an STI - in your local pharmacy there is an oil called Bio Oil!! It is FANTASTIC for removing scars! I had a skin cancer surgery scar on my face, and you cannot tell!!! I swear by this! So as long as everything is OK, then try that! But defintiely try using a facecloth and unscented, non soap cleanser! And just know that you are DEFINITELY not alone with scars/pot marks in that area! It is almost a given for pimples, rashes, ingrown hairs, to appear! Hope this information helps you! If you have any further questions just ask away! Also if you feel that it is a big problem, you can always go and see a doctor, the only thing is that due to the senistivity of the area, there isn't much they can do, that is different to what I have said! Good luck and health!