I was wondering if anyone can help me? About 6 weeks ago i felt some very small lumps just above my clitoris, there felt like there was about maybe 4 or 5 of them. They are very small and hard and abit tender(not painful). Now there seems to be more appearing and the ones i first noticed seem to be getting bigger, although they are still very small. I have tried to have a look to see if i can see them but i am abit heavy so have been un successful. I am a 38year old lesbian who has been in a relationship for 7 years now, so i know that it cannot be a STD. I have though about asking my partner to look at them but i am abit embarrassed. I know you will tell me to go to the doctor but i am very uncomfortable with that idea. Is genital warts only a STD or can anyone catch them? Please help. :-(

Hi! Just above the clitoris - or the hood - is an area where there is hair, and when you are a bit heavy these hairs easily get rubbed off on the base - causing ingrown hairs! Since you have been in a commited relationship for 7 years I doubt you have genital warts - which IS an STD! So it is either ingrown hairs OR Fordyce spots! Try and take a look at them with a mirror, then google Fordyce spots and see if they look alike! IF they don't you might need to get an STI check up = just to rule out herpes or any other STI! Keeping in mind that Herpes CAN be passed by mouth to genitals etc.! Good luck and health!

Thank you very much for your help :D

I think it is these fordyce spots that you mentioned. i did have a look at them and they look alot like the small bumps on the piture above. I read that they are naturally occuring and that there is nothing that can take them away, which means i dont have to go to doctors
:D :D :D

Again thank you very much for your help.

Angela.

Hi Angela! Is that a picture of Fordyce Spots?!! It doesn't really look like that usually! You see the top circled cluster - that can actually look like herpes virus or even genital warts! So I just want to find out where you got this picture!