So I think I might have irritated my skin on the underside of my penis about 4 or 5 days ago when I masturbated without lubricant, as I started to feel some surface discomfort when I came close to finishing. I have masturbated a few times since, with lotion, thinking it was just a bit of irritated skin. However, I looked closely yesterday after taking a shower and I have three small, whitish, irregularly shaped sores on the bottom of my penis, kind of on the opposite side of where the rim of the head would be. It's more noticeable after taking a shower, and this morning they changed to a reddish color, possibly forming a scab. I took another shower this morning and it looked more whitish again, and now that it's the afternoon it's gone back to being reddish and looking like irritated skin (like some layers scraped off). I haven't been sexually active for months, and I've always been extremely cautious, so I'm hopefully thinking it's not an STD. I've just been kinda freaked out since the sores look whitish after showering. Is there any kind of cream/lotion I should apply and see if it helps heal it before I make a doctor's appointment? I'm obviously going to hold off of masturbation until this clears up.

Hi JD! The reason why your skin is white - is from the Chlorine in the water - just like if you have a scrape on your hand take a bath or shower and it looks white! So I would like you to use Polysporin cream on the spots, and don't wash with anything scented - a non soap, non scented face wash or antibacterial skin wash would be the best! Let it air dry, don't wear tight underwear, and try and use non scented laundry products - AND wear cotton briefs! You HOPFULLY should see an improvement in a few days, IF you don't you definitely need to go to the nearest STD/STI clinic! Because even though you haven't been sexually active for awhile, doesn't mean you don't have something that rears it's head from time to time! I DONT think you have herpes, and hopefully it's just an irritation! Let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health!

Thank you for the info Bambi! I bought some polysporin and have been applying it 2-3 times daily for the last two days. Now I just have 1 whitish scab (whitish even when not freshly washed) left; it's about the size of an eraser head and looks just like a normal scab except for being whitish. Does this sound normal? The pain, while always minor, is almost all gone.

Whiteish can be a sign of 1. NO infection 2. a sign of yeast! BUT since you have been feeling better and the pain is gone, I think this is totally working for you! Give it till the scab falls off - DON'T rub it off OK? Keep using the Polysporin and lather it - NEVER let a scab dry up! As this WILL leave a scar! And you can then see if it has gone away! You will be OK? good luck and health honey!