Okay I've been getting these pimple-like bumps on the base of my penis. For all I know they are pimples, but I'm concerned because I never got them before being sexually active. They are red bumps with a white head on them, smaller than those you typically get on your face. They're painful and have been appearing after sex around the base of my penis. I pop them like regular pimples but I'm not sure if I should. I've been having both protected and unprotected sex but I don't really think it's an STD because I've only had one sexual partner and I've been her only sexual partner. Could they be caused by the condoms or lube on them, or is there actually an STD that is described this way? Please any insight would be nice.

Hi honey! This sounds like some sort of a reaction - it could be from the condom or the lubricant! IF there is any part of you that thinks that this mIGHT be and STD you need to get checked out! But from what you said, I don't think it is! AND don't pop them! 1st - if you use a latex condom change to a non latex! Also keep the area clean, and you can use a cotton wool ball and put some astrignent on it and dab it on the area! It can be pimples, ingrown hairs or reactions! So rule out each thing, one at a time OK? And use non soap cleanser - such as Spectrogel on the area, because when you have irritation like that, any scented products can make things worse!

Hope this helps you! Good luck and healht!

Thank you very much. I'll use those tips and hopefully it'll clear up.

it definitely is herpes.

Could be infection if your not sercomsides and herpes are painful people go years with it dormate