Just like my title says I am so irritated by this. My girlfriend likes shaved balls, and I like them too but the problem is ingrown hairs. Every time I end up with bumps and pimples. Then I squeeze them and make a mess. Do any of you people have any tips about how to avoid these ingrown hairs?

This is how I do it. First I take a long warm bath and leave them a little wet. Then I put some shaving foam on them and do the shaving in the direction the hairs grow. If there is something left, that can’t be taken off this way, then I do that part shaving the opposite way-upward. When I am finished I rinse them with cold water to close the pores. But it happens to me too that they become ingrown.

Body hair removal ain't sexy if it results in a ton of ingrown pubes!

My fave tips for preventing ingrown hairs are:

- Make sure your razor is sharp! Don't reuse the same one too often!

- Make sure your skin is wet before you start shaving, and use a shaving gel or cream as well

- Rinse your razor after every shave

- Exfoliate your skin regularly

- Shaving with the direction of your pubes, not against it. I know, it's harder to get it all gone, but it will prevent ingrown hairs

- Close your follicles after shaving by applying ice or using cold water

When you're finished, carefully cleanse the area to reduce the risk of infection. Follow with an application of non-stinging astringent aftershave. Cleanse and exfoliate the shaven area at least once a day to remove sweat, oil, and dead skin, and to prevent ingrown hairs.

Use NeoSporin or a generic triple antibiotic.

I wash area with antibacterial bar soap first , shave with shaving cream, Rinse area thoroughly with rubbing alcohol while still in the shower (I pour a decent amount from bottle into my hand then rub into the skin), then rinse alcohol off so you dont smell (or taste) like alcohol. Also sometimes the next day out of the shower I will wipe shaven areas with a cottonball soaked in alchohol just to keep area clean to avoid razor bumps, ie ingrown hairs...

i use nair

Quote:

i use nair

Youcannot use NAIR on your balls. Your skin will tear.