Hi, I have lump on my hip, which seems solid and bony. I don’t remember hurting myself lately, or irritating this area in any way, so I don’t see the cause. What could this be?

Hi, it could be some deformation growing on your hip, which can be easily surgically eliminated, or it can be even osteosarcoma, bone cancer. The highest incidence for osteosarcoma is among children, teenagers and young adults are as a result of a strange, sudden pain or a bony lump, while with elder people it can be a result of Paget's disease or other complications and usually is diagnosed after fall or fracture. Most of these conditions require surgical assistance in order to remove or replace diseased bones, so the result can be quite radical and disabling. Consequences of such a disease increase fear until the diagnose is set on, but rush with conclusion. Only professionals can give you diagnose and treatment.