Hi. I am a 21 year old female and I have a question about a lump on my hip joint. I know from my parents' stories that I was diagnosed with hip displacia (how do you even spell that!?) as a baby, and that I needed to wear a kind of cushion to promote healthy hip development. Still, my mom has mentioned on occasions that some people with this conditions (which is also called "clicky hips") need operations later in life. Well, when I felt the lump, I started freaking out right away because I really don't want an operation. There is no pain though, so I guess that is something positive. Can you tell me more about the condition I mentioned? What do you think the lump is all about? Thanks, people!

I am 21 as well. I recently found out i have hip dysplasia when i was 14. All it is is a malformation of the hip joint. It's not really a problem unless you are in pain. You should have it checked on every so often though. I also have a lump on my hip joint. Mine is located on my right hip towards the inside. I'm not sure what it is but I've had it even longer than the diagnosis. I think it might be either a lymph node or just a weird lump of cartilage caused by the dysplasia. hope this helped.