Hello, I need some help here. I have a small lump under my left eyelid. It is swollen and red and tender when I touch. It is there for more than a week and I don’t think it is going to be better. I didn’t do anything yet. I am not sure what to do? Is it dangerous? Can I treat with some meds or creams?

It sounds to me like you have Meibomian cysts. Meibomian cyst is the name given to a lump in the eyelid and if your eyelid has a small lump in, and is red, painful, and swollen, treat like a stye. It is due to infection, so once the main infection has subsided, they do not grow bigger. If the lump does not disappear naturally, it can be removed by a small operation in the eye clinic. Usually a tiny cut is made on the inside of the eyelid and there is no scar. If the lump is just under the skin, the doctor may make a tiny cut in the skin, but often, the lump disappears naturally in about 8-16 weeks.

I had this after an eye infection. Two days before I was supposed to have it cut out it disappeared and never came back. Everything has been fine ever since.

IS there any chance that I wouldnt have to see a doctor? or would you recommend it.

i have the exact same thing right now and the clinics are closed so im going to wait and see what happens. its under my left eye lid and its swulled and it hurts to close my eye to tight or to touch it. its been their for a little over a week. i thought it was a bug bite at first.

I have a swollen eyelid with a lump underneath it for four days. I went to the drs  gave me a prescription for eye drops and oral antibiotics it might be a sty so unit should pop like a pimple if not they remove  it outpatient surgery. Warm rag for twenty min every hour should help it pop. My daughter had these on top of both eyelid it's blocked oil glands on the seam of our eyes where our eyelashes are. Hers had to be removed reoccurred all thin dime. Her lashes were so long . No worries see a dr within a few days  if u have one

hello i actually have same problem presently but i think the best is for you to take vitamins C and contact your doctor or better still give it sometime it will disappear

im 12 years old and i have a bump under my eye...im very scared because if it doesnt go away i dnt kno wat to do and i dont want to tell my parents and it really really hurts i hope it goes down in a few weeks.... what do i do?

Tell your parents, after it's only something in your eye. Parents always know best! I talk to my parents about everything.

I had surgery for this when i was a 11 years old  and my grew with time it got to the point that when i went to the doctor he told me that if i would of come to see him later i could of lose my eye sight after that he dozed my eye and start it the surgery i'm not gonna lie it hurt a lot... but that again i used to be a cry baby...

P.S  i still get them sometimes but.. whenever i see them starting to growth i wash my face a lot and my eyes

and use eye drop and it goes away.

Mines is under my left eye lid and I don't like it

I have a swallowed under my left eye what can I do to treat it