My left eyelid, toward the mid to inner corner of my eye is always swollen! ALWAYS! I look deformed! What would cause this and is only correctable through cosmetic eyelid surgery....

Hello there

Swollen eyelid is one of the symptoms of allergy. I know this because I have been fighting with mine for years. At first I was thinking that I have some nasty eye infection and I refused to see a doctor. I used warm compress to reduce the swelling and it helped more or less. But there were times when I couldn’t do anything about it so at the end I didn’t have any other choice but to consult with my doctor. He diagnosed me with few allergies and he prescribed me medications to treat my symptoms.

These medications are very helpful and I don’t bother with swollen eyes longer than one or two days. So my suggestion to you is to visit the doctor and be sure what is the cause of your condition. 

Hi there I have to say that your posts and your topic is very interesting for me, because I experienced swollen eyelid when I was in high school. It looks awful and I did not want to go outside, and I decided  to see a doctor who mad an inspection and after that she told me that I got some eye infection but it i not dangerous and gave me some creme and medicament that neutralized my problem. I agree that eye is very important part of a body because of eyesight and we  should care about our eyes very well