Hi. I’m a 22 year old female, and for the past few months, I’ve been experiencing a problem with an eyelid spasm. It's always my right eye, it doesn't hurt, but is extremely annoying. Lid just flutters up and down a lot and that sometimes lasts few days! What this could be?? Could it be some kind of nerve damage? Should I go to an eye doctor?

Dear, eyelid twitching could be caused by many things – from simple lack of sleep to some serious eye problems. I rally don’t see why you did not visit an eye doctor by now, especially knowing that you’ve had that problem for few monts!? I mean, we all can guess what that is and how to treat it but an eye doctor is the only one who will tell you the correct cause and the treatment. Good luck!!

Despite the illiterate reply from bryn, the point is the same. You will need to have this checked out by a doctor as it is affecting you enough that you have sought help from this site. I had a spasm of my left eyelid and I resolved it by getting more sleep, it really was that simple. Of course, I was able to recognise what I had been doing over the few weeks prior so the solution was self-evident.