just got back from a short holiday in prague, where i noticed i had a slightly swollen upper eyelid on my right eye. its a little sensitive to touch but bearable and for two days had caused me no problems, but i got home late last night and went to bed, waking up today with the same symptoms but also being more short sighted than usual in that eye (i am slightly short sighted normally, and wear glasses)

i've read a few things on here and some people have had problems with food allergies and as i have been eating out a lot this week, trying new food etc. but i dont know if this causes short sightedness or only affects one eye?

does anybody have any other suggestions of what it could be before i visit the doctor?

no its not coz of some allergy,othewise it wouldhave affected both of your eyes with some general features..i think its some kind of infection you got while travelling most probably stye..see if there is some tenderness,or pus point!!
keep your eyes clean coz frequent rubbing inmyopics or those who wear specks are very prone to eye infection!!
take care

The shortsightedness is probably caused by the swollen eyelid. See, the eyelid is probably pressing on your eye lightly, which would distort the eye temporarily and cause nearsightedness. Are you able to see a doctor about getting the swelling down?

i suppose i could visit a doctor but i would rather not, although its day 4 and already the swelling has reduced and my vision improved slightly. if the symptoms come back or dont go away i guess i will have to visit a doctor

I think that would be the best course of action. In the meantime, i know some people on the forums had success using jasmine tea bags on their eyes to reduce swelling. Let me know if that helps! And let me know how your recovery goes, okay?

will do, thanks for the advice all!

we are alwayz here to help you..take care

symptoms all but disappeared now :-)

ross123campbell wrote:

symptoms all but disappeared now :)

dats cool :D , but take care of those beautiful eyes alright!!! jst keep in touch :)

hmmm the swelling disappeared and the vision got almost back to normal but now there is just a little lump under the top eyelid which doesnt hurt or anything but has made my vision slightly worse again its really annoying if im reading anything

I'm glad to hear that everything's gotten better for the most part. Have you kept up the teabags? Has that caused you to get that lump to shrink? Let me know, okay?

hmm,i thing you should visit the doc,eyes are very pricious imagine things without it...even though its not a big problem, you should be careful! nywz there can be a gland obstruction coz of inflamation of it leading to collection of secritions,thats y u r having a swelling...get some antibiotics n if the swelling stays get it drained..its very simple opd proceedure..
take care