I'm 16 and a female. 2 years ago, I was out in the sun for many hours and noticed many red dots in my lower legs; i blew it off and figured it would go away, but gradually it came back more often. Previously, these spots would appear after about 40 minutes in the sun or extreme heat.

Now, they appear almost immediately when I am out in the sun, heat, or in a hot shower. They are mostly on my lower legs, knees, and lower thigh, while my feet also get very red. These spots all vary in size, and go away after I cool down, but there are now remaining spots even when i cool down that are a light brown color. I'm very worried and self-conscious everytime I go outside when it is hot. Please help!

I have had this since I was around 16. Only on my inside thigh and eventually every time I got hot or was in the sun it became worse. It does not hurt, I am 39 now and the whole leg does it-just one leg. I have been to several doctors over the years and not one has had a good explaination. Please, if anyone has answered this question for you-let me know.
Thanks

omg!! I've had the sane problem for 13 years! I have been to 2 dermatologists and neither one knows what it is.. I feel very self concious about the spots and I feel like they're getting worse.. They started on my legs but are now almost everywhere! If anyone knows anything please help!

heey girl i'm 16 too and had the same problem. i went to the doctor and told me to take zyrtec and zantac everyday for about a month. i did that an they have gone away! hope that helps

I am a 15 year old female and this has just recently been happening to me, too.  I haven't noticed any red spots on my feet, but they appear all around my knees and both the front and back of my lower legs.  I don't even need to be sweating, they just appear in any kind of heat.  I notice it when I'm outside in gym and also after I come out of the shower (I tend to take very hot showers).  I think it might be because of some kind of lotion I use on my legs, but I'm really not sure.  I have not seen a doctor but my mom said that I should if it continues to happen.  I thought I as the only one with this problem haha but I feel better now knowing that it's not a big deal.

wow! i'm a 16 year old female and i have the exact same thing happening right now. When i go out into the sun or if there is any heat at all i get red spots around my knees and lower legs and they go away right after i cool down a bit..they also kind of prickle, i have no clue what it is. Has anyone had a diagnosis or found out how to make it go away?

I'm 13 year old female this is happing to me to I noticed that when ever I get hot or something like when I'm out side and its hot or when I get out of the shower that it appears at first it only happened out side after like 30mins but now it's anytime I get hot I was just jumpping on my trampoline and they appeared a year ago when it was only napping out side they said I was probly aliegeric to grass but now I think it's something more everyone asks about it when I'm out side and I don't like it I thought this only happened to me makes me feel not as imbarsed about it if anyone know what is happening let me know

do you think that if i just take zyrtec it will have the same result? I have the same problem and really want to do something about it before it gets worse.

Me to but it only happens on my feet they turn red when I take a hot shower for a while I am 12 almost 13 by the way

I have the same problem I'm 16 had them sense 7th grade , I went to my doctor and she told me I have ezema so I try cortizone10 it really helps hope this helps you !

My suggestion is go to an allergist. Have him do a Tryptase (I think this is what it is called) test.I have this happen in regards to heat and also when I wear socks I have marks from the elastic for many hours and if I carry a bag by hanging it on my wrist or forearm, I get marks for hours.I get the red dots in the heat and in the shower and cold makes my skin a white-purple with red splthces. My allergist said that it may be over sensitivity, the allergen receptors ( or maybe its the allergens), in your body over-react and heat really triggers this. I have yet to get the test but hecdid say some people can just have overly sensitive skin.I know this sounds crazy but seriosly, this is something he found out while I was having severe alleric reactions to something.Let me know..

I have the same problem. I'm 20 years old and it just started happening last year. I've gone to Florida before, was in the sun for hours, and nothing. But once I started working at a daycare last year, these weird red blotches appeared when I was exposed to heat! they look awful, but I don't even feel them and they aren't raised or textured or anything. The problem is, is that they sort of "tan" in the spot's shape. So when I look close, I have this weird spotty tan (and I don't do artificial tanning). They went away gradually when I went back to college and stopping working at the daycare. But now that I'm back at the daycare, they have appeared again. My best guess is that it's a carpet cleaner being used at the daycare that is causing me to have a sensitivity of some sort. Might be something you might wanna check out too.

I have this too. been to a dermatologist n they couldn't tell me anything. I've had this about 7 yrs and its getting worse. I have it all over my body. It's embarrassing. The doctor has no clue. Is there anything you take for you??

I'm 14 and it happens to me too !! But the red goes away when I cool down but it doesn't turn brown it just goes away like if it was never red !

It's a sensitivity to heat, sweat and any lotion you are using. The girl who mentioned prickles on her legs likely has a mild case of prickly heat.