Hi there,
I believe I might have a bit of social anxiety or mild depression or something. First let me tell you about myself.

I am a 19 year old male college student and I work a summer job busing tables 6 days a week. I have always been an honor student and an over-achiever, and have never gotten in any sort of big trouble or ever been reprimanded.
For the past 6-9 months I really just have not felt myself. I feel dull, antisocial and empty, as if life is a drag.
Normally I am very open, energetic and goofy. These past months I have been quite the opposite. I recently lost 15lbs for no reason.
I have become very introverted and although I have always been a home-body, I have been recognizing symptoms of social anxiety.

Firstly, I hardly ever do anything social any more. Though I am invited, I hardly go out of my house other than for work. I hate parties because I usually just stand awkwardly off to one side or another.

I always feel like I have some sort of pressure on me at all times to impress everybody, like everybody is watching me closely. Not just some people, but everybody. Co-workers, friends, family, and strangers. I fear disappointing people tremendously, and it is taking over my life.

It is getting worse as well. I often get this feeling where I am short of breath and my heart rate picks up and I can feel my chest pounding with a lump in my throat.
I used to have a very close relationship with my family/parents, but I feel that it is fading. I can hardly talk to my parents any more without wondering what they are expecting of me. I am afraid to confront them about my problem as well!

-I am socially awkward. I never know how to respond to small talk or know how to act around people. I feel like I cant just be myself like I used to. I just feel uncomfortable around people, and feel like I make them uncomfortable as well.
-I have trouble using public restrooms because I am afraid there are people watching/listening to me. This is not good, especially at college!
-I fear every day that I am on the wrong path. I have no idea what I want to do with my future, and a year into college is making me feel like I have to decide now!
-I feel like I am being judged is while I am shopping, for instance at Walmart. I feel rushed and judged when I am looking for something there!
I start work at 5 PM daily, and for the few hours before work I feel like c**p knowing I am going to have to go in and "perform" in from of my boss and co-workers.
-I dont answer my phone any more because I am afraid of the person asking me to do something, and then I say no and then I feel guilty for not doing anything.

Does it sound like Social anxiety to you?
What can I do about my problem?
Who should I contact?

Hi there, at your age, I started to develop the symptoms of GAD, which is generalized anxiety disorder. It sounds a LOT like what you're going through and there's a reason for it but I don't know what it is. There may be something from your past you have yet to deal with, and for that you would have to start the process of healing. I can tell you that if I talked to myself in the past (like I feel like I'm talking to you now at 25) that I would have advised me to go to therapy, even if I thought nothing was wrong, just to talk to someone. Do you feel comfortable doing that, even if nothing as far as you can tell IS wrong? I'd like to help you so let me know. Post back here and let me know how you're doing.

Nothing happens without a reason-And this also apply's to everyone!!

You are over Twenty years old-very young and vunerable - your

self-confidence has taken a severe knock - and you are feeling very upset.

Always try and remember - your confidence:"Can & Will Be Restored" but it will NEED some imput from yourself!!!

In times like these which you are most unfortunate to experience happens to ua all at some point in our life's - more-so around your own age group-seek out your GP - IF NEEDED PRINT OFF this post you have written for your GP which will allow them to have a greater understanding as to how you REALLY FEEL INSIDE YOURSELF!!!