Hi, I was never more confused in my life! There’s one girl at my work, and I really like her. A few months ago, we started flirting. This period has been the greatest ever, and we are officially in the relationship since last Friday. However, she suddenly started acting weird and frightened. She is rejecting me, and I don’t know why, when I know she likes me. My friend told me that it looks like relationship phobia, so I’m wondering could this really be a reason?

Something similar happened to me once. I was dating one girl for a few weeks, and when we became really close, I told her that I loved her. She froze, and a few seconds later ran away. I haven’t seen Mary for a while, and one day she showed up with the story that she has a relationship phobia. Mary explained me that every time she has a serious relationship, her phobia ruins it. She is just afraid that a boyfriend might hurt her if she lets him in her heart. She needs to protect herself from allowing others’ to get too close, and that’s why she pushes them away and leaves broken hearts behind her. Mary had relationship phobia for five years before this happened, and all that time she was unable to face the thoughts of living together or getting married.

This is very true! It happened to me when I was in realtionship with a girl for 3 years and when things didn't work out, we had no choice but to break up. After that I had a phobia from girls that everytime I liked a girl or a girl liked me, I would repel in case of getting hurt. I saw every girl as a potential heart breaker and player. A year has passed and slowly I think I am recovering.