For some while I've been getting eye strain in just my right eye. On my last visit to my opthalmologist he increased the lens power in that eye. My prescription is now
-1.5 (Left)
-2.50 -0.50 (Right)

My vision with the new prescription is excellent but after taking off the glasses I still get the eye strain. I generally wear them for driving and tv but not all the time. My eyes are healthy and the opthalmologist can see now reason for the eye strain. What is the cause of this?

Your prescription eye glasses are intended to be used at all times. Eye strain in one eye is caused by an unsuccessful attempt of ciliary muscle of that eye to bring the lens into sharp focus. If you have to take off your glasses, cover your right eye and you won't have any eye strain.

Sometimes when daily tasks strain the eyes they can develop a particular eye syndrome. When that happens, minor eyestrain can lead to the appearance of real vision problems.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed