Hi all,
i just got my eyes tested and found out that i have astigmatism, -175 in one eye, -075 in the other, and also nearsightedness (-050 and -025). i didnt realize my vision was this bad til i put on the glasses and voila, i see better! my left eye is super blurry, cant read with it if i put my hand over my right and cant see long distances w/ it either, so i guess my right eye is compensating? both eyes are nearsighted. question im wondering is, should i be wearing my glasses all the time for this or just when im driving/watching tv etc? i can read fine close up, but sometimes when im tired, i find myself straining a bit...i thought i just had a problem w/ far away stuff til i realized that my left eye was bad for both close and far. any suggestions would be really helpful as this is my first time wearing glasses! thx oh and is this a bad prescription? im not too sure what all those numbers mean lol

i have the same problem as you do. my eye has both myopia and astigmatism. it's my first time to wear glasses too. my opthalmologist specifically told me to wear my glasses ALL THE TIME and remove it only when i go to sleep and take a bath. but i think it would be better if you ask your doctor to be sure. :-)) hope i was able to help.