why do I get terrible asthma when it rains during humid days? Its not a little spell either, it usually results in days in my air conditioned room or hospital visits.

me too.... in fact I only get asthma during and after rain. So weird.

You get it because it is harder to breath in humid weather

Hello there,

Asthma attacks are getting worse as the time worsen. Due increased humidity it is harder to breathe, even to people who are not suffering from asthma. When you get affected by humidity try to stay inside your house, or to use inhalator the very same moment you discover that your asthma is going to be worse.

Unfortunately, there is no good advice to improve your condition. I am sure that your doctor has informed you about all possible complications and solutions, and that you know what you should avoid and what to do in case that you get really bad asthma attack. Having oxygen inside your home is good idea if you can afford it. I hope this was helpful. Good luck.