Hello! I am undergoing spinal fusion within next few days and I need some info spinal fusion regarding. I am 32 and since my adolescence I had some spinal deformity precisely I practically suffer whole my life from spinal scoliosis so that means that my spine has a "S" letter shape and that "S" shape is becoming more visible I mean my condition has worsen especially during last years and finally I was advised to have spine surgery so now I am undergoing spinal fusion. I would like to hear precisely what spinal fusion is? Thanks!

Hi! my mom had the spinal surgery just for the same reason and I could tell you that spinal "S" shape she had has almost disappeared though her spine is still curved but not like it used to be. Anyway spinal fusion is actually a spine surgery which fuses that is uniting together the spinal vertebrae and in the same times the spinal fusion is using bone substitutes to fuse those vertebras together in which manner it corrects the spinal deformities such as spinal scoliosis. And by the way the bones that are to be used in spinal fusion as a substitution are usually be taken out from the same patient while the spinal fusion is in progress but no new incision usually is made for performing this.