I jumped from about 60 to 70 feet in water last weekend and I have been experiencing pain in my sternum since. It hurts when I laugh, cough, etc. I have a lump on it. Has anyone expericencied this or have advice for me.

You should see a doc for evaluation. A lump and pain when laughing, coughing or sneezing do indicate fracture. If this is the case, a doc needs to evaluate the fracture, see if it needs to be immobilized and you should definitely lay low on all activities.

This would mean that your bone has fractured and it may take some time to heal. It may take at least 4 weeks and you should be really careful because sternum is really close to the lungs, and complications may occur if you are not careful enough.

When I fractured my sternum, I had that area mobilized, and I had to sleep in the armchair for a few nights because of that specific position. It did hurt, so I was taking painkillers to get rid of the pain and discomfort and I was really careful. I reckon you should be too and I also reckon you better see a doc to make sure it is a fracture. It took me 6 weeks to heal.