I had a surgical abortion when I was 8 weeks pregnant, on the 24th May so 3 weeks ago now, since then the bleeding wasn't too bad certainly nothing I couldn't cope with, I had cramps and pains about 5 days after which lasted about 3-4 days but these soon went too and I thought I was getting back to normal as the bleeding was slowing down. 
But for the past 3 days I've had an increase in bleeding and cramping in my pubic and pelvis area which I assume is just the uterus going back to pre-pregnancy size, I also woke up this morning with a dark blood clot in my pad, however it was no bigger than a grape, is an increase in bleeding and cramping again normal after 3 whole weeks? When should I expect it to slow down again? Please help!

First of all, you need to calm down. Stressing only makes it worst on your body and that doesn't help. Next, you need to get an appointment with a doctor so he can help you. I can't stop the bleeding or tell YOU how to stop the bleeding, he might get you some prescription to help you out or get you into surgery but it's definatly NOT normal to still be bleeding at that point.

xkd25x, it is normal and somewhat expected that you bleed even up to 5 weeks after having surgical abortion (it takes up to three weeks for your cervix to close so uterus can start to get back to the pre-pregnancy state), and because you already are comparing the size of the clot, I see that you are familiar with basic warning sings of something going wrong - if a blood clot gets bigger than grape size and blood is bright red (fresh), than there is sign for alert. Obviously - pain and fever are immediate signs that you need to see a doctor. Did you have a checkup?

I had a check up 2 weeks after and the doctor told me I didn't need to have a check up or anything and just gave me general advice of no sex again, at the point when I went to the doctors I wasn't cramping or bleeding so much, it only increased again about 5 days after going to the doctors.

If you can, phone them again or schedule a visit again, especially if this doesn't start to show signs of spotting. You are getting closer to that limit of 5 weeks and there might be some infection or something that needs to be treated - even a simple UTI might have caused problems now, because you did have a surgery, after all. Before the bleeding started again, have you been involved in any kind of strenuous activity or work (even prolonged standing/sitting might have contributed) or you maybe exercised? Try resting as much as you can now and see if that will make a difference.

Hi..im just worried as well..
its almost 3weeks since i had abortion..but stl im bleeding and cramping sumtime..
I need ur help

^ first of all “ him OR her”

So not what this is about and you didn’t help the girl at all..... everyone knows doctors can be men or women so relax & either assist with the initial question or move on.