A wild volleyball game on Sunday, 2 days later I was looking down while inspecting a small object and developed pain under my left soulder blade extending up to my neck. My doctor didn't look at it but prescribed 800mg Ibuprophen and some muscle relaxer (i dont recall name). Since then the prescriptions have run out but I continued with over-the-counter Ibuprophen and now I have stinging sensation all down my left arm that goes away when I position it over my head. Other symptoms are: Swelling at the base of my shoulder blade (no discomfort) but minor discomfort at the top of my armpit and just below my elbow, I will often cross my arm with my right fist under my left upper for least discomfort. I seem to have full range of motion in my shoulders and arms. I still have the twinge under my shoulder blade when I rock my head to the left and look up. I am still looking for a doc here to escalate beyond throwing drugs at it but maybe this will work itself out in time anyway? I was told by the first doc that Pys therapy would be verrrry expensive. It is now 4 months since the Volleyball game.

I have something that sounds pretty similar to this problem...just with a few other symptoms...

I have been waking up with right arm numbness for 2-3 months now, but hadn't paid any attention to it until 2 nights ago when i was playing tennis for the first time in awhile and after 5ish minutes my shoulder made several popping sounds and i had shooting pains in my shoulder. The pain was pretty severe, but diminished after a few minutes. Since then, my right arm is slightly weakened, and my fingers on my right hand have started to go numb at random times during the day... Now my shoulder hurts under the shoulder blade - more at certain angles than others and it is slightly swollen.

Also I had a "car accident" (technically a fender bender - i hit a car from behind at about 20 mph) in December - about 4 months ago - after which i had a minor pain in my wrist that was like the pain i now have in my shoulder, but less severe. The wrist pain went away after a month or so, but now I'm thinking that perhaps the arm numbness is somehow linked to the wrist pain? I really don't know and can't get to the doctor until friday at the earliest - in 5 days, and i want to make sure that I don't need to get it looked at sooner than that...

any help would be great!

if i were u, i would definitely get an mri of cervical spine..it sounds like symptoms of a herniated in the c4 area. i have one and have similiar symptoms.

Just above my sholder Blade i have this stinging feeling which feels like a spider bite but theres nothing there.

If its been that long and the pain hasn't subsided...and the pain is eased when you life your arm above your head...it sounds like a slipped disk. You should demand an MRI. Most doctors will not think of this for young people since it is rare. But it definitely happens.