I'm a 22 year-old female non-smoker, never broken a bone or have any history of medical problems. I eat well and workout 3-5x a week. I've been having sharp pains under my left shoulder blade and on the left side of my neck and clavicle for the past couple of months. I also get a tingly sensation or numbness on the left side of my body, more concentrated in the shoulder/upper back/neck area, though. I still have full range of motion in my left arm but the pain and tingling warm sensation has not gone away for two days. I can't sleep on my left side and I can't sit still during my classes.

For the past year I've also had random spurts of shortness of breathe and that got so bad in January that I had to go to the ER. My breathing is normal during my workouts but is worse when I'm sitting. Doctors ran blood tests, EKG, chest x-rays and the whole nine yards, but found nothing. They concluded that stress and anxiety maybe the cause and I agreed (for about a week) because I am constantly under a lot of pressure and stress. I'm in my last year of college and have taken at least 20 credits each semester. I've been trying to manage my stress but my dypsnea hasn't gone away and neither is the pain on the left shoulder blade.

Is it really just stress and anxiety that is causing all this?

Stress can cause a lot of physical problems.....I did two Masters degrees at one time, for two different universities. I experienced a personality change, I was sick, tired, emotional, with lots of aches and pains. The good news is that I got thru it and I didn't lose my mind or my long-term health. I was also wondering how much you are using digital devices. Are you hold a cell phone at your ear alot? That would certainly cause some of your symptoms. Are you using good ergonomic (posture and equipment) practices when you are on a computer, which I would imagine is a good deal of the time. Look at those things. Sometime a simple change of chairs, posture, screen height, etc. can make a huge difference. It sounds like you've covered the medical side. Remember, however, that your stress over this situation can make it worse. Hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize....GRADUATION!!! I hope this helps.