I am an 18 year old female. For the past three months, I have been experiencing a jabbing pain in the lower right region of my stomach. I only experience the pain when I bend or lean over, however. It's not very painful, it's just annoying and it bothers me that I have it. Now, for the past 3 weeks, I have been getting a runny, light to dark brown discharge frequently. I have had it everyday. In the past week, the pain has spread throughout my stomach. I also experience what feels like gas pains in my back but slightly different. I also experience period cramps in my back, stomach and upper thighs although I do not have my period. I had an appointment with my doctor who told me that it might be a problem with my ovaries and I have been scheduled for an ultrasound. However, the nearest available ultrasound is 2 and a half months away!! Does anybody know what the nature of my condition may be?? Is it serious? Should I go to the emergency room?

Sounds like what I had when I had a cyst rupture. (an ovarian cyst)
I don't think it's serious but I'm not an expert. If you start having a fever or feeling worse, go to the hospital; this would be signs of infection.

When my cyst ruptured, there was nothing to do but let it heal on it's own. I'm not even sure I was given antibiotics. This was way back in 1999 so my memory is a bit foggy.

I think it's nuts that you have to wait that long for an ultra sound.
See if you can get on the cancellation list of the ultra sound lab.

hope you get this figured out quickly. :-)

Yeah I agree. It sounds like an ovarian cyst. You need to visit a dr a.s.a.p. If it is a cyst it could have ruptured and you need to get a check up to make sure everything is ok. It could just be pain from a cyst that has not ruptured. I had that when I was 14 and had to be hospitalized. Either way I'm pretty sure it's a cyst.

You need to go to the emergency room right away and get an ultrasound. I had the same symptoms and there was an ectopic pregnancy on my ovary. Your ovary could rupture and cause an infection in your body. This is still one of the leading causes of death among pregnant women because it is often misdiagnosed.

You could have pid (pelvic inflammatory disease or an sti. It is very important that you go to the drs asap to prevent further complications that can arise with both of these.