Hi there, i am a 22 year old women and over the past 3 weeks i have been having pain in my lower abdomin, bladder, lower back, right groin, and right thigh. my doctor thinks i may have an ovarian cyst and so has requested an appointment for me to have an ultra sound to find out. today however i descovered that my right lymph node in my groin is swollen and hurts when pressed, i am just woundering if an ovarian cyst would cause my lymph node to swell, or is it something else? as i have to wait up to 6 weeks for the ultra sound, and i am stressing myself out.

thanks for your time :-)

Hi. I'm not sure that swollen lymph nodes have anything to do with ovarian cysts.

Most ovarian cysts are just accumulations of fluid around ovary. They could grow, stay the same or even dissapear on its own.
The real problem is if the cyst is too big, or if it grows progressively or if it's painful, then your doctor will tell you what's wrong and what treatment would be the best.

However, swollen lymph nodes are usually sign of infection caused by virus, bacteria, parasites, or other microbes. they usually swell during the process of fighting with infections. So, I would rather suspect on some infection in your abdomen, such as bladder infection or UTI.
I know it's not easy but you should remain positive and wait for your ultrasound patiently. Your doctor will find real diagnose and give you the right treatment. Just don't worry. Good luck with your appointment.

You answered this so kindly. Thank you. I'm not the asker but I was googling bcuz I'm going through some pain & fear from the same issue as this woman. My friends told me to stop googling but the uncomfortable suspense feels like it's literally killing me. How u ended this was what I needed to see. I had a follow up ultra sound today. This and that could be but need to stop trying to figure it out and hope for best.
Thank u, both