OK, here is the deal. I started having some simple stomach cramping on Wednesday (Dec 8) and it felt like I just needed to hit the bathroom...well, needless to say I couldn't go to the bathroom. Finally, after 2 days I went to the bathroom but it took alot of work. So now it's Tuesday and the pain as shifted from lower abdomen, to right side abdomen to left side where it currently sits. Saw my doctor yesterday and she scheduled me for an X-Ray of the abdomen and ultra sound of the abdomen. In the meantime, I can't eat anything without feeling completely full and needing to burp to relieve it. I have had some BM's but they aren't my 'normal' visits. Very small and takes some work.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know I have the appt but it bothers the hell out of me.

HELP!!

i wouldn't worry too much about it. my girl friend was getting a lot of the same pains. it sounds like it could just be gas or constipation. it may sound weird but most likely is that. my girl friend never had it until couple months ago so it may be that. you will probably just get a prescription for constipation.

What you describe sounds like typical case of indigestion – your stomach for some reason doesn’t digest food completely and then it just, like c1988 suggested, blocks your intestines. Have you changed your diet in any way before this started? That’s normally the main cause for this and it’s easily treated with some probiotic supplements and high fiber meals. Other possible cause for this – and they will be able to detect it on tests you’ll going to have – is H. Pylori bacteria which is completely treatable with antibiotics and that in most people doesn’t cause any signs at all, but eventually it starts to disrupt the digestion like in your case.

Thanks for the responses! I haven't changed my diet at all, it usually consists of cereal or muffin for breakfast...soup or sandwich at lunch time and then a nice normal dinner (chicken, veggies, sometimes junk like pizza) but usually pretty routine. I have had the cramping for a week now (Dec 8-15) but the pain has shifted from the right side to the left side. I have been using the restroom normally, I did notice a square of blood in my stool this AM. No blood on the TP though.

The cramping pain is getting better but still persistent.

Thanks again!