Hi, I am 24 years old and I have stomach problems. I don’t know what exactly is wrong with me, I was hoping you could tell me that. I have pain in my upper abdomen, especially two hours after meal. Whatever I do, the pain doesn’t relief at least for another 4-5 hours.

Hi, no one can say what exactly is wrong with you without physical examination and some questions about your habits and life style. From what you said, it is most likely that you have irritating bowel syndrome. This syndrome causes stomach problems like diarrhea, constipation and some others. I guess you would know already if you had diarrhea or constipation, it’s not something you can miss. However, there is also a stomach problem called sensitive bowel. That appears if your intestines can’t handle all the fat you eat. That’s why a doctor needs to know about your life style before making a diagnosis. Beside junky food, other things can cause stomach problems, like stress, medications and alcohol.

It could be a number of things that only a doctor can tell you but it could be:

- Gallbladder problems? Do you still have a gallbladder? It could be giving you pain indicating that you may have gallstones. The pain you get is kinda like gasssy dull pain in the upper stomach, many times after eating. Almost like indegistion, it's caused by your body being unable to process too much fat plus you may have gallstones. This is dangerous because it could rupture and gallstones could go into your liver. It's a big mess to describe but you have it checked out. For pain you could walk around a little, don't lie down back too much, drink some warm liquid. ,maybe a warm towel on your back or upper stomach or a warm bath. Maybe an antacid or pain reliever (this depends on where the pain is and where and why) But do go see your doctor, the only help for this is surgery. 3 Tiny incisions.

- Simple indigestion? For this walk slowly a little, don't lie down. Take an antacid (alka-selzer, peptobismol, zantac, etc...) Drink some tea. It could also be helped if you took some enzymes BEFORE a meal. Not sure which enzymes though, depends on what you may have. Some people take Lactaid, some people take an enzyme that's found next to lactaid in your local pharmacy, made for people that eat junk food. You could also take an antacid that is meant to be taken before a meal.

- It could also IBS.

- OR something it could also be something else. Which is why you should really go see a doctor.

Good luck.

Drink Prune Juice, I had the same problem because I use to get bloated after eating. It cleans out the system,

T