Hello for about a year now I have had pain in my upper stomach after eating also in my back, I went to the doctor and had upper GI and lower GI and ultrasound I think its called of my gallbladder and other digestive organs. This was about a year ago they found nothing except to say my gallbladder was contracted (which they told not to worry about) and i had nodules in my colon in the ileum or something like that plus hemroids and anal fissure.

THe nodules turned out to be non cancerous after biopsy. For a while the pain ceased for a month or two. The other day I ate pizza and my back hurt so bad like a deep nautious pain and pain and pressure in my upper left stomach just below the ribcage and also on the right side as well. It went away then the next day it was not as bad when i ate. Then today when I ate it was bad again I had a subway turkey and swiss with ranch dressing. On Friday i also had ranch dressing with the pizza I don't know what this is.

I looked up my symptoms. And they are saying pancreatitis but who know wouldn't all the testing show this months ago? Or is there a specific test for that. And does anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong with me until I can see my doctor in 5 days?

Thanks God bless!

Gallbladder problems can often lead to pancreatitis. That is because the gallbladder and the pancreas share a common duct that opens to the duodenum. If there is any blockage along this treeway, pancreatic juice can back up into the pancreas instead of being secreted into the duodenum, and it will start digesting the tissues of the pancreas instead of the food that it is supposed to be digesting, giving you symptoms of pancreatitis. The presence of food can often precipitate a gallbladder or pancreatic attack. Taking digestive enzyme supplements shortly before a meal may help lessen such an impact. If enough of the insulin secreting cells in the pancreas are destroyed, you will become a diabetic. A decrease in the secretion of digestive enzymes by the pancreas will cause all kinds of digestive problems. Your condition is very serious.

Thanks for your reply. Well Im not totally sure thats what my problem is I never been officially diagnosed with pancreatitis I just looked up symptoms online and it said that is one of the things i could have.

My sister had stomach problems after eating. It was so intense she went to the emergency room. The doctor said she had acid reflex. Now the symptoms are sometimes different in some individuals. Some have the burning. I also have it and my symptoms were stomach swelling, extreme pressure in my upper adominal, and I felt constipated and sick to my stomach. She also had these symptoms and back pain. I felt like I was pregnant and in labor. Well the doctor told her to take Prilosec 22mg. or the generic Omeprazole 20mg. She has not been sick since, and she said the generic works just as good as the other. I hope this helps...I wouldn't want anyone to feel this way all the time.