Sometimes with alcohol or certain foods on an empty stomach I get this intense pain in my stomach that extends to my right shoulder. It gets so intense that I can't move, the only I can do is lay on my stomach or curl up and wait for it to pass. It seems to last about 10 or 15 minutes on average. Any ideas? Thanks

The same thing happens to me sometimes.

I dont get a stomach pain though but an intense pain in my shoulders, right by my neck. It feels like a stitch.

It only happens sometimes. Im guessing im alergic to some kind of alcohol.

I have had this same thing happen to me for over 20 years. I have never known anyone to have the same condition. Mine ALWAYS involves just my right shoulder and a really bad stomach ache almost to the point of being nauseaus. It always lasts about 20 minutes. I have no pattern with mine...it can happen on a full or empty stomach. It may happen with one drink or not until three...or it may not happen at all. It only happens with a few limited kinds of bottled drinks. I would like to find out why it happens with some drinks and not others, and why just the right shoulder and not the left?

It sounds like you might have GERD.

gallstones usually involve severe stomach pains, or "attacks" especially after fatty foods, and the pain can radiate up into the right shoulder. the stomach pain tends to be on the right side as well.

I had the same problem for 2 years. Alcohol and some foods made me miserable. Finally got diagnosed and feel great. It is chronic gastritis. When you start hurting again, get warm water bottle one on your belly one on your shoulderblade, the pain will go away fast. Also drinka glass of aloe vera juice a day on empty stomach. It tastes like c**p, but helps.

hi,i suffer from intense stomach pains which extends to my whole back,it is so severe that i cant sleep at night,i have to take a very strong pain killer before it can stop it happen once in a while,i would like to know what i am suffereing from and what courses it.thanks and hoping to get a reply.

You should definitely see your doctor and have him/her check for an ulcer or a hiatal hernia (an internal hernia of the stomach). The back, shoulder and stomach pains are all symptoms of both of these conditions and both are treatable. So, see your doctor ASAP. You need some relief.

Btw, I know this is an old post but you never know... you might still be suffering with this pain.

Good luck!

My daughter has the same type of stomach pain on her right side that extends to her shoulder. It has made her nauseous on several occasions. She's only 16 so the alcohol trigger is definitely out. She's been having this issue off and on for several years now. The doc looked at her gall bladder when it first started several years ago and said all was fine. I never had any idea that so many others would have this same problem. Maybe she should be checked out again.

I get this alot aswell but it goes to my left shoulder - feels like ive slept on it all night. Mine mostly comes with an empty stomach but lately its all the time! im really bloated and feel full and takes a long time to digest food. Off to the doctor I go.

I have this reoccuring pain but in my left shoulder. It usually comes when Im having some sort of stomach problem like when Im hungry or have terrible stomach problems. The pain starts to throb and i cant move my left arm, it last for about 15 minutes.

I have similar problems. I started with seemingly random stomach pains that made me want to curl up. It feels better when I lie down to this day. However, I finally went to the doctor and found out I have a gallstone, but there is still no rhyme or rhythm as to what irritates it. I've also had the pain in my right side and shoulder a couple times. The doctor thinks there might be other complications, but who knows with abdominal pain!

Interesting - I almost always have shoulder pain at the same time I have a stomach ache.  It's almost as bad as the stomach pain.  Must be some type of referred pain I guess.  I was interested to see that I am not the only one as I don't think this is that common - at least my close family and friends don't appear concomitant stomach and shoulder pain.

also could be wind caused from a food such as veggies or some times fizzy cola drinks

It can be digesting problems , the same used to happen to me only i dont drink i would have stomach pains and pains in my right houlder that i couldent move , any suggestions ???