I had gall bladder surgery on January 30th 2007. My stomach is still bloated like I was 7 months pregnant. I feel very full after I eat. Some days I wake up already bloated and uncomfortable. Anyone else feel this way? Will the bloating go away eventually?

Yeah me too. I had mine done 3 weeks ago and i look and feel disgusting. Got a massive gut.

I just had my gall bladder removed 6 days ago and have the same bloating feeling you're describing. My stomach feels stiffer than it did prior to surgery...almost as though it's full of air. For now, I figure it involves the swelling of certain insides but I'll ask the surgeon when I go for my followup in a week.

My wife had her gall bladder removed 2 days back. She is having some pain in her abdomen and back and keeping up fever about 99. Does somebody has any idea. I am feeling nervous.

Hi My wife had her gallbladder removed in 05. A few months after her surgery her pain returned. She said it felt like they never took it out. After all the test they could think of or the insurance would pay they couldnt find anything. At first it started with anything she ate she would look 9 months pregnant within an hour. Her stomach would get so big it cause stretch marks. By the next morning she was fine. She suffered this for 1yr and half until it finally just slowly stopped. Then one day out of the blue she ate and she bloated. I think we narrowed it down to just when she eats red meat or pork. She has desided to give up all meat and get her protein through beans and other sources. Hopefully this will fix her. I'm not sure the meat is the issue. She would eat a link of sausage or bacon for breakfast and be fine but then a couple of days later she would eat the same thing and bloat. Can anyone help explain this.

**edited by moderator**

Responding to the email about the wife who had her gallbladder remover in 05, I had my gallbladder removed in 02 and I'm still dealing with this problem. I do believe there is something to the red meat theory. When I eat to much red meat it takes awhile for my bloating to go down.

Hi all,

I had my gall bladder removed in 2005 and have had the same problem. I tried this diet ( daniels diet ) it was a detox for 10 days, to flush out all the bad toxins and i could only eat fresh fruit, veges, salads, nuts and dried fruit and I lost 9kg (19.8 ponds) in my stomach area alone. I am only 5 foot 1 and it looked like i was 7 months pregnant. I gradually ate tuna and chicken with my salads (eat your main food(dinner at lunch) and i looked awesome. I cut out all cheese (except for lite cream cheese to go in my salads at lunch) and milk products, bread and potatoes. (i gradually ate maybe potatoe 2 times a week and it never made me bloat, and red meat in small amounts once or twice a week but only a small portion and i wouldnt bloat. so i ended up losing (25kg) 55 pounds in the first 4 weeks. I never had softdrink I drank some fruit juice or i would make my own. but since i thought that i looked great and there was no bloating i started having ice cream, cheese, pizza and all that AND the bloating started again..

I know that your gall bladder breaks downs fats and oils so when we had ours removed your not supposed to eat any dairy products or carbs, as this upsets your system. Since we dont have a gall bladder we just bloat. So if you can stick to this daniels diet then it will definately work. My sister and sister in law who both still have their gall bladders did this diet with me and both lost around the same amount. I started walking more and felt young again.

The dinner at night was veges boiled or steamed and i had a little bit of salt and pepper on it. Here is what i would eat -

breakie - fruit and ice in a smoothie ( berries are nice)

morning tea - cup full of dried apricots and prunes and mixed nuts ( pumpkin seeds, cashew, almonds, sesame seeds)

lunch - salad - lettuce. tomatoe, cucumber, pineapple juice (as a dressing) some cream cheese and warm chicken or tuna in it, olives and peas and corn or something like that but i ate a whole plate

afternoon tea - same as morning tea

dinner - boiled veges

supper - mixed nuts and fruits or a fruit smoothie.

If i got thirsty i would have just water or make a rockmelon and orange juice. or green tea ( for antioxidents)

I am diabetic but the nuts would regulate my insulin. Never eat after 7 pm and for the first 2 - 4 days you will have hunger pains but then they go away. I had 2 glasses of water before i ate and i found that when i tried to eat 2 pieces of pizza after it all i doubled up in pain as my stomach had shrunk. I am currently 4 months pregnant and i am starting this diet again in 1 week as i look like i am due already. I will just add extra fruit and veges.

So all i hope this helps and if you can stick to it i know that you will be slim and looking and feeling better then before.

take care
Kylie Hill
Australia

hello, I am a certified fitness nutritionist. We specialize in understanding the breakdown of digestion for energy sources. Specifically for strength training and weight loss. I have researched this Daniels diet. If you look at what that reader is eating, from the breakdown of the food prospective, the body only recognizes 3 things.... Carbohydrates, proteins and fats(which all have different jobs when they enter our system)
Daniels diet consists of mostly simple carbs and some fat based on what was posted. Fruit is all carb, veggies are carbs, nuts are mostly unsaturated fats and some protein. The one thing there the diet is lacking is complex carbs such as grains, cereals etc and whole proteins like fish, red meat and poltery(other than when you added it later) from the weight loss perspective, your body is probable not getti enough protein or even calories for that matter and much of the weight loss is from lean mass(the body eating its own muscle for energy) when the body is not getting enough, it goes into a starvation mode and stores fat to sustain itself(takes a lot less calories to maintain fat then muscle)and essentially eats the muscle for energy. With all that said, I don't believe carbs are the issue, just the type of carb like wheat or gluten as well as some red meat. Regardless, it is great to hear you are feeling better. Just thought I would clarify some things from that Daniel diet.

I'm not too sure. I've heard that for some people after gallbladder surgery , the bloating lasts for about a month but some others say they even have it after a year.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I'ts been 7 years since I had my gall blader removed due to stones and I just recently I the bloating started again and only when I eat red meat or pork. It's horrible it looks like I'm 8 months pregnant... :$

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels bloated! I got my gallbladder out four weeks ago and several times a week I blow up like a puffer fish. Eventually I deflate, but it's pretty uncomfortable in the meantime. Overall, though, things are better: no more vomiting or constant diarrhea, and the nausea is gone. I just HATE the constipation and bloating, though, and am keeping my fingers crossed it will go away.

I had mine removed 1 year ago and I look like I'm due any day and my back hurts alot.He said I could eat what I wanted but now I'm not so sure. He said they put a gas in my stomach and took it out but I hurt on my left side under my rib and by my belly button.

I had my gallbladder removed in Feb 09. Since that time, I have had a huge stomach. I am about 40 lbs overweight, however, I was the same weight before surgery. Now my stomach looks twice as big. I do look about 7 or 8 mos pregnant. I have often wondered if anyone else has had this problem. I decided to go online today and try to find out. Apparently this is a common issue??? I eat red meat at least twice a week. I never thought that that could be the problem. Sometimes I am more bloated than others. I am going to try to really watch what I eat and how it affects me. If anyone has any further info, please post!

Wow....I am so glad I found these posts. I had my gallbladder removed about a year ago, in the summer of 2009. Around April of 2010, I started noticing the bloating and my stomach was noticeably hard....like when I was pregnant. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Reglan. When I went to the pharmacy to pick it up, the pharmacist said there can be severe side effects and asked me to sign a waiver when I picked it up. Needless to say, I haven't taken the Reglan. I have a follow up appointment next week and will discuss further with my doctor. I am glad to know I am not alone. I will admit, I haven't changed my diet much. I still eat lots of fatty meals and am overweight. As a matter of fact, I have gained about 30 lbs since my surgery. I'm going to try a diet low in fat to see if this helps with the bloating. Thanks to all for your posts! :-D

I had my gallbladder removed about 5 years ago and got stomach bloating.....very annoying seeing how I had washboard abs before this surgery. I had to have a second operation after the removal to put a mesh in behind my belly button everything was pushing out so bad.
When I had my gallstone attack I was in so much pain I thought I was gonna die in the emergency room and just wanted the problem fixed. But now that I've had the surgery I wish I would have tried something to get it to break down and pass first.

It's weird1 If you look at me front straight on you can see my abs, but from the side I just look like another fatso.