I've had this problem for nearly 2 years and it's just suddenly gotten worse. I'm 24.
I tend to get this recurrent nausea that is generally always there in the morning and often occurs after eating. No particular foods seems to stand out. I often feel very full, very quickly when eating. After eating I tend to belch ALOT. I have woken in the night with an awful pain just below my rib cage, in my upper abdomen many times. I can't drink alcohol as that = pain. I've tested negative for H.Pylori.

I also pass stools 3-4 times a day. They are always loose.It's been this way for at least 3-4 months. I passed blood, but only once. IBS was suggested, but no help offered. I don't really get low stomach cramps or bloated.

I'm also experiencing extreme fatigue and weakness, with terrible headaches. I get 'the shakes' after exercise. I've had to decrease my exercise routine quite considerably, as I can't handle it. I was doing kungfu 2-3 times a week a few years ago. My doctor has just revealed that I'm anemic, so I've been taking 'Gentle Iron' for the last 2 weeks.

Recently I've been eating more than usual, ignoring the pain and sickness that often occurs.I'm eating more red meat, for iron, yet have actually lost about 7lbs in a few weeks.
I'm v. skinny as it is, so this is worrying. It's like I'm not absorbing anything when I eat. These last few days, i've really lost my appetite and feel sick constantly. My Dr is confused. She only tested me for anemia when i suggested it.
please help!!!
I'm in the UK and the health system is rubbish for people who can't afford to go private. I've been v. depressed for a while too, but that came after about 1 yr of feeling rubbish.

Hi there,

i'm so sorry to hear about your problem. I was sick for a few years in a completely different way and met lots of 'confused' doctors. I don't have any specific advice as I don't know anything about your problem. However, I learnt that being open to anything can help you. I was totally misdiagnosed by doctors being obsessed with my symptoms, and they totally bypassed the real problem which was something completely different and amazingly fixable. (I ended up binning the boxes of painkillers they gave me, and taking homeopathy which actually worked better.)
Now having recovered, I have been working with a massage therapist who is an absolute expert in fitness. He made me aware of how built up pain and tension can cause you difficulty. I had so many knots in my back and stomach (let alone everything else) from coping with my pain, that it was still all there years after getting better, and was stopping me from becoming totally fit. After massaging my body gently but for as long as it took with a stone tool (being able to distinguish bad pain from knotted-up pain which can be miles worse!), I was able to release the knots. Afterwards the relief is incredible, any unexplained pain I had has totally gone, I'm able to exercise better than I ever thought possible. My posture has straightened, I smile (because the tension knots in my face have gone) and I feel more positive (because the worry knots in my stomach have gone). It's amazing how knots in your stomach affect your digestion and make you feel depressed. It's like that punched-in the stomach feeling you get when you've received bad news - constantly. My stomach was even more knotted up from a miscarriage. When I got the knots out I cried for weeks from pent-up sadness, but then really recovered far better than before.

So sometimes the repercussions of being ill can almost be worse than the original problem. Its kind of like your body is a small child that needs to be comforted and convinced that everything will be okay. Worrying about your problem can make it feel worse. I had so many doctors who didn't believe my pain to begin with, that made me feel confused as to whether it was real. Once I managed to relax (after being convinced it was), the pain actually diminished because I wasn't all tense and worried.
Until someone works out what is wrong with you, try taking 'bach flowers rescue remedy', have warm baths, try massage if it helps, talk to someone about your fears and really important - do things that you can enjoy because a smile on your face makes your body feel positive and strong.

My hopes and best wishes are with you for your recovery.

Thanks for the reply. My boyf has been massaging me (he's good and i can't afford a proper person) and recently all the ridiculous knots in my upper back are going and massages don't hurt me, it's taken quite a while. there's still my sensitive lower back though....
I'm having counselling and have started antidepressants that have unfortunately made me physically sick, so having to fiddle about with those.
I know what you mean about stomach knots. I often feel scared or like I've received bad news. I had some bad things happen to me a long time ago and I just blocked it out, but I think it's finally come back. I'm living in a fairly :-( house at the moment, which makes it hard for me to relax. No one I live with gives me any time, so I have to relax in my room and then they get offended and bitchy etc...sigh.

I'm going to have accupuncture over the summer and I'm having a food intolerance test because it runs in my family. I found cutting out wheat had a noticeable effect.
Thanks for the message. I've had homeopathic medicine suggested twice now by Drs, because they're stumped.

I actually have been surfing the internet because I have the same exact problem. I woke up one night with a horrible pain in my upper abdomen and since then have nausea every day, especially in the morning and after eating. I always have headaches and cant really eat too much because I feel terrible. I love to exercise and simply cant! Im shaky, lightheaded, and too tired. I sleep all the time. Loose stools are also a problem. I go to the doctor so much and they dont have anything to say to me either. I would love to know if you've found some relief.

I'm taking anti depressants at the mo, just to calm my insides down. I've just realised I was on edge constantly for ages. I've just started having more formed BMs a few times a week, but yeah.....loose stools.....man it takes it out of you. I rejoiced when I did my first formed one in months last week %-)
I'm taking iron (gentle iron), vitamins and minerals. I'm also on omeprazole which reduces stomach acid and I feel less sick and gassy.
Have you a got a reason to be on edge, because if you do then it's possibly that you're body is feeling the effects of stress. Have a look at autonomic overload. Tummy pain and bowel probs are covered. It's just where your body is exhausted. - it's something that Drs overlook because you're not medically ill in their definition. However if you are truely relaxed and not stressed or over worked then I'm not sure. It may be a stomach ulcer.
I'm having a food intolerance test and a camera put down into my tummy, but I don't think they will find anything. My Dr thinks I may have an ulcer, but i've been on Omeprazole so long that it should have gotten rid of it by now.
* Try eating smaller more frequent meals - if i eat till i'm stuffed it's unbearable. It's awkward cos I work all day, but I spread my lunch out throughout the day (The ppl I work with think I eat constantly). With your evening meal, eat a bit, wait, eat a bit more, wait etc.
I've started having deserts too if I can't finish my main meal, then I try to fill up with a desert (if you're worried about losing weight).
*Eat Slowly.
*Eat with other ppl (if you don't already)- part of my prob is I tend to eat alone and then i feel sick and get all desperate and frustrated.
*Cut out wheat as best you can for 2 weeks - keep a tummy diary- see if your stools improve. I find brown bread toast too much for my tummy for breckfast.
*avoid Alcohol if it causes a prob - i can't drink it cos i get stabbing pains, cos it's a bit too acidic.
hope that helps.
*for headaches-are you knotted up in your neck/back? I've just started working them out and my headaches have decreased.

Let me know how you feel. I've been like this for 2 yrs and just thinking maybe it's the effect of long term stress/anxiety/depression that i kept suppressed.
xxx

Your symptoms sound a lot like that of a gallstone. The upper pain could be your gallbladder. Gallstones can only be diagnosed through an ultrasound.

I wish you luck.

I'm actually due to have an ultra sound soon ( i was meant to have one last month...but housemates did not pass the letter on to me, so I missed it >;) ). I've read about Gallstones and gall bladder problems.

I've also been told by a nutritionist to cut out Gluten as I had a food intolerance test and Gluten cropped up, however I'm a little sceptical as to the validity of the test (i had to hold some metal rod).

Meh, I hope it's sorted soon, cos I'm supposed to be doing an MA in september. 8-|

eugh, I felt like i was doing better. I cut out Gluten and dairy after some holistic allergy test said I was intolerant to them. It didn't seem to make a huge difference, and I started eating wheat and dairy again and suddenly my BM were perfectly formed and only once a day?!!!
This lasted about 4 days and gradually it has slipped back to normal.
I just had a ridiculous wave of nausea come over me and had to leave my desk at work and sprint for the bathroom. I feel all sick and dizzy.
I'm on antideps, they've definately decreased the number of trips to the bathroom, but the stools are still loose.
Sometimes i get like (eww!) really hard pebble like BMs that are a bit mucousy or i'll just pass mucous.
Help!!!I've been given spasmonal but I tried it for 5 days and it did nothing!
It was so nice doing having BMs and regaining some of my lost weight.

I had similar symptoms and my Dr totally miss the problem for 6 years. I was suffering from a hernia and yes women can get them too. I was tested for everything from gallbladder to kidney stones. The symptoms didn't seem to fit my illness and always presented in the wrong place. I even had both an ultrasound and an MRI and was told the a hernia would have shown up on an MRI. I know it sounds far fetched but all possibilities are worth looking into. Hope you recover soon.

Sounds like you have Celiac's Disase. When you cut out wheat were you still getting enough fiber from other sources (ie. plants and nonwheat based carbohydrates)? Being off the gluten for a few days gave your intestinal villi time to recover for a bit but I'm assuming you still weren't eating fiber which is why your stools were still soft. Stay off the gluten but keep eating other sources of fiber for a week - see if that helps.

i have a daughter that have been sick for years she is 14 and she feels nausea and pain every day, and after eating seems to get wors she is lactose intolerant
she as been tested with almost every test out there.and they found nothing because of her probem she lost alot of weigt

Nausea/vomiting, constant fatigue, failure to gain weight/weight loss, frequent urination or urinary tract infections... if you have any or some of those symptoms, have your kidneys checked. Family friends have a 10-yr old who looks like she's 8 and they just recently discovered it's due to kidney malfunction (actually, urine just backing up into the kidneys b/c of a missing in/out valve in the urethra.) Hope this helps somebody...

I have this same problem. I noticed it started about two weeks ago when our house caught fire and we had to move into a hotel. :-( it has gotten very bad in the past few days when i found out that we wouldn't be moving back into our house for 6 more weeks. I wake up in the morning (usually very hungry) and eat and then all the sudden my stomach bloats up and i feel so sick and i will typicall throw up like 8 times and then i am so scared to eat anything else the rest of the day that i don't. it doesn't matter what i eat (or even just drink) i still throw most of it up. i am constantly going to the restroom -frequent urination, and am always tired or sleeply. i don't know what to do, every time i eat it hurts. i am going to try the massage, but i hate going to the doctor-i am underweight and they always take my blood even though it comes back normal every time and they have no explanations. ANY MORE ADVICE OR QUESTIONS ARE WELCOMED

I would suggest to your physician to perform a contrasted cat scan. Your weight loss and bleeding can be cause for many very servious things. A cat scan should give them insight to what is going on. Hope it helps.

Hi mooglet,
Just to say that I have recently been diagnosed with gallstones and i have a lot of the symptoms you describe - a really intense pain in my upper abdomen, sometimes lasting for hours, sometimes with vomiting. I have mild to medium stomach aches and frequently pass stools which are very soft. If your doctor does a blood test they may find you have raised liver enzymes which indicate a gallbladder problem, and an ultrasound scan may show you have gallstones (though sometimes even if you have them the scans don't show them), and they might show if your gallbladder is inflamed. I don't feel particularly weak or fatigued but I have read that having problems with your gallbladder can make you feel that way. I don't know whether this is definitely what you have but you should definitely push your doctor to test you for it in case. I hope you get it sorted.
Best of luck,
Elaine