I could guess that pancreatitis is an inflammation of the pancreas. I know the pancreas is a large gland behind the stomach and close to the duodenum, and is very important gland. However, I had luck that none of my cousins of friends has ever experienced pancreatitis. That is why I do not know much about this disease. Since I know this is dangerous, I wish to hear more about pancreatitis, acute and chronic.

The pancreas secretes its digestive enzymes into the small intestine through a tube called the pancreatic duct. These pancreatic enzymes help digest fats, proteins, and carbohydrates in food. The pancreas also releases the hormones insulin and glucagon into the bloodstream, which is its second role in organism. These hormones help the body use the glucose it takes from food for energy, which is very important. Normally, digestive enzymes do not become active until they reach the small intestine. At the place, they begin digesting food. However, if these enzymes become active inside the pancreas, they start digesting the pancreas itself. Acute pancreatitis occurs suddenly, lasts for a short period, and usually resolves. In other hand, chronic pancreatitis does not resolve itself and results in a slow destruction of the pancreas. Either form of pancreatitis can cause serious complications. In severe cases, bleeding, tissue damage, and infection may occur because of this disease.

I hope you can help me . I live in Redding cal. I have been diagnosed with gastrparesis and pancreaitis. I am having a hard time finding anything to diagest in my stomach. I watch my diet and no alcohol I was never a alcoholic. Im not sure why Im having so much problems . Ive seen all kinds of doctors and Im in the hospital at least once a month and its getting worse. Can you recommend any Redding doctors or maybe something to help the nausea. thank you colleen

Hey there, Google total pancreatectomy with autoislet transplant (TPIAT). Could be an option. I am not making any suggestions here as your health decisions are your only but this may be of help so you can discuss with your physicians depending on your kind of pancreatitis. This procedure works best for people with acute reccurent pancreatitis or hereditary pancreatitis and not for large duct disease. I wish you all the best