Hello. I'm 45 year old female and also a worried wife. I'm worried because my husband has developed some condition called acute Pancreatitis and he was kept in a hospital for few days.
This all started about a week ago with symptoms such as swollen and tender abdomen and nausea. Of course, we first thought it could be due to some food poisoning and he didn’t do nothing about it accept drinking some herbal tea. But the next day he started to feel rapid pulse, fever and all was accompanied with very strong pains in his middle abdomen. Then we contacted a doctor and the rest you know!
So, I would like to find out more about this condition.

I was diagnosed with this condition about a year ago and I will share my experience with you. I have experienced almost the symptoms like your husband just I started to feel those terrible pains from the first day and I had to contact my GP almost immediately.
The diagnose was the same- acute Pancreatitis. My doctor told me that it is simple inflammation of pancreas, large gland behind the stomach and close to the duodenum.
It happens when enzymes, that pancreas is producing, become active inside the pancreas and start "digesting" the pancreas itself.
He told me also that acute Pancreatitis is usually caused by gallstones or by drinking too much alcohol. Only good fact about it is that it occurs suddenly and lasts for a short period of time and usually resolves by it self.