hi

i have severe pain near my liver in upper right rib extending till the back ..and now shoulders as well. This comes stays for few days i take anti biotics and becomes less. I have had done lots of tests for liver and though my sgpt and sgot are a bit high but nothing to show this kind of pain. Ultrasounds only show fatty liver nothing else....this has been going on for 4 months now and the doctors said i most probably had some sort of infection in my liver most probably ameobisis but i have taken a month of anti biotics for it. I got better but then it just came back ..its also related to what i eat, if i eat leafy vegetables or fat the pain comes back. Can some one tell me whats up?

thx
anando

Could be your pancreas, maybe. Disease is called (chronic pancreatitis) or (accute pancreatitis).
Especially that your fatty liver suggests signs of heavy and prolonged alcohol consumption. (I drank too)
Pancreas is most of the time also associated with heavy and prolonged alcohol consumption.
That's what happened to me some 10 years ago (chronic pancreatitis).

I had exactly the same symptoms as you. They started with the pain in the lower, right quarter of my ribcage where the liver and galbalder is.
The pain continued for maybe 12 months before I got enough guts to go to the doctor. After X-rays, ultrasounds and urine and blood work the hospital did NOT find anything so I was sent home.
I lived with the same condition for the next 8 years until I decided to do my own research again.
Finally I found it. Pancreas is located right by the liver.
Here are the (chronic pancreatitis) syndroms that I also have:
-Persistent sideabdominal pain that varies in intensity.
-After eating fatty foods I have an instant diarahia as my pancreas produces no or not enough digestive enzymes that brake down fat/oils.
-Because of lack of absorbed nutrition I lost about 25 percent of my body weight (over those 10 years).
-Sometimes get cold sweats after eating.
-Occasionally, the whites of my eyes become yellowish.

After weeks of doing all kinds of internet research I finely learned how to control it to some degree using mainly these 2 methods:

1) -I take Pancreatic enzyme supplements that my otherwise healthy pancreas would normaly produce. With every meal I take 2 to 4 pills depending on the size of the meal.

2) -Cook, fry, grill or bake only using one particular oil:
(Medium-Chain Triglycerides). The only edible rich sources of MCTs oil include (coconut oil) and (palm kernel oil). For cooking buy them only "refined, bleached, and deodorized", never virgin. Otherwise all of your food will smell like a coconut or a palm.
I use it a lot so I was able to gain a few healthy pounds already. :-D
I eat the coconuts raw lately too, it became an accuired taste.
I also eliminated most of my diarahia as this MCTs oil is absorbed by the body, before it reaches the intestines where pancreas lies. :-D
Follow the links below for an explanation and to see why:

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10612.htm

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec02/ch015/ch015c.html

I you have any more questions reply to this post, I may check it in the future.

I hope this was helpful,
Pete.

captainandy14 wrote:

hi

thx
anando

Hi

i know this post is old. Hope it was solved. but it sounds like your gallbladder. I had the same issue and had mine out 3 years ago. Hope your ok.  Gall bladder problems can kill you, so hope you figured it out in time.

Take care.