I've read a lot of posts on here and they somewhat similar up mine but maybe my condition has something someone can suggest. Here's the deal: EVERY morning without fail I wake up around 7 or 8 am with a strong urge to urinate, I do then it's followed by three or more trips to bathroom of diareaa or constipation. While this going on I have a CONSTANT burning in my gut. The pain is so bad I am literally in tears sometimes. There is NO throwing up at all just bowel movements. I've seen two doctors so far, first suggested acid reflux and Prilosec and didn't provide any relief. Second visit after an X ray of my intestines I got the cop out diagnosis IBS, no blood tests were taken since I'm quite poor. I was given some pills to help cope with IBS, $50 pills without insurance and they RARELY provide any relief. This problem has been going on for years. My stress level is high and I take anxiety meds but other than that I have no idea what is wrong with me. I can't sleep, I can't work, I can't complete my degree because I can barely get out of bed in the morning due to nausea and then I'm tired all day from lack of sleep which increases my anxiety. I'm at a complete loss. Not one day has been better than the next....

I get the same thing and most of the time my poop looks like its been through a wood chipper like all shredded or just really warm and have to go to the bathroom just to have barely any diahrea or even a lot come out like 5 times a morning sometimes idk I think it might be weed related for me or eating at night or something but it's getting unmanageable ima male so I don't know if I'm being a wimp or what I'm 18 and the pains are so bad make me feel tired and weak and nausios it's a constant struggle every morning to be able to eat and get to the gym , when u wake up does your stomach Hurt so bad it feels like you can't eat anything like your stomach doesn't want it that's how it is for me and if I don't eat for a few hours the pain will be worse and I get close to or either throw up like weird acidic saliva or just acidy looking fluid

There's a lot of people on the internet reporting SIMILAR conditions, but your's are the first that describe EXACTLY what I've been going through, too. Justin, you mention it may be weed related, which is a concern for me, as well. Look up the condition: cannabinoid hyperemesis (CH). My primary care physician did 2 sets of blood work a month apart looking for as many possible causes he could think of - all came back normal. I had an abdominal ultrasound - which also came back normal. I read the colon wakes up around 7am and is 3x as active than any other time in the day. Around that time I get multiple bowel movements of varying success over the next few hours...both diarrhea and constipation. After which, my stomach and abdomen almost feel on fire/burning and causes me to writhe in pain and discomfort for hours. Usually, weed and pepto-bismol are the only things that help my sensitive stomach, but now even those are barely effective. My doctor prescribed Omeprazole for heart burn, which I don't think is having an effect. He also prescribed heavy Rx anti-nausea and anti-cramping meds, neither of which helped. I think because they're intense first thing in the morning on an already nausea-wracked empty stomach. Sometimes eating a few crackers or pretzels with a little water helps. The recurrent timing of this condition and symptoms makes me think it's tied to the colon. There may be additional discomfort from stomach acid and having an empty stomach in the morning, as well. I really should stop vaping weed once or twice a day to see how that impacts my condition.

I am having the same problems. I am also a daily cannabis user, however I have tried not vaping as I usually do and it doesn't help. Usually it is the only thing that helps, but sometimes I am so nauseous from the pain, I am unable to even vape. Just adding that input.

The same as me im a smoker also an its help some what tried the doctors they said dont smoke just eat fruits an hot foods but it does nothing what can the problem be cause its stressing me out paining all day its very hard for me to be comfortable

It cannot be weed related I you are describing the exact pain I have every day and the only relief I have is weed. Medical marijuana usually targets stomach pain, anxiety, depression, ect. It also makes it bearable for me to eat without weed I'd never be able to eat or sleep or have any relief from the pain.

I want to update this thread because I've found a cure that worked...

I went through each symptom that effects me (IBS, Anxiety, and - to a lesser extent - Diarrhea).

Using ONLY scientific studies, I listed the strains that have been PROVEN effective for each symptom. Then, under each strain, I listed the commercially available probiotics that have that one strain.

There isn't 1 probiotic that included every strain I wanted...but the 3 highlighted ones had the most.

Since this is my 1st probiotic, it's recommended to start low so not to disrupt your tummy too much, I'm trying Jarro-Dophilus EPS from iHerb (because unlike Amazon, they ship it on ice. Keeping probiotics cold is essential, otherwise they'll die off and it'll be useless). It takes a few weeks for your gut flora to rebuild after starting it, so if it doesn't work by then - I'll upgrade to the MUCH more potent VSL#3.

PLEASE NOTE: I didn't include diarrhea, so if that's one of your symptoms, these results may not help you best.

....

After trying the Jarro probiotics for weeks, here's an update:

My symptoms are worse early in the morning: my stomach/colon/digestive system wakes me up in pain and discomfort until I go to the bathroom numerous times. Even after, I feel sick and it takes hours to get energy and appetite back. This has been going on for over a year, nearly every day. I think it began after I had the flu and finished a regimen of antibiotics. My boyfriend had the same flu, had to do TWO regimen and is in even worse place than me. Makes me seriously scared of ever taking them again.

I've seen doctors, gastroenterologists, had countless blood tests, abdominal ultrasound, and gastric empty study (swallow radioactive material as they follow it through your system). EVERYTHING came back normal. I was in near-hospitalization pain daily and getting nowhere, which provoked me to do research in probiotics.

They recommend taking probiotics on an empty stomach...risky early in the morning when I'm in the worst distress, but there isn't a better time to judge its effectiveness, so after waking up in pain, I immediately took one.

Within 5 minutes I could feel my digestive system settling. It stopped hurting and being as uncomfortable and then, low and behold, the sensation of hunger started to creep in. I haven't felt that in over a year! I continued to take 1 probiotic every morning and saw immediate improvement. I was actually hungry, which allowed me to eat more and expanded my tummy and helped get me regular.

After a week or two, I started feeling IBS pain starting to creep back. Distressed the probiotic was another fluke, I upped to taking 1 dose, 2 times a day. That evened me out again. Then I went home to Colorado and forgot the probiotic. Extreme stresses in CO made the IBS flare up or maybe it was the gap in taking it that gave the bad flora time to regain strength and start taking over again? Either way, as soon as I took more probiotic (even for just 2-3 days), it righted me again and I haven't taken a probiotic since Christmas. Feel great everyday, eating more food than ever, and looking MUCH healthier!

It drives me crazy that after a YEAR of excruciating daily pain, seeing countless doctors, specialists, getting tons of expensive tests, and it was all remedied by some googling. Like, WTF...where were you western medicine? I tried to trust you and am super disenfranchised now.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi it could be a stomach infection called h.pylori the docs would have to run a blood test or maybe see a gastroenterologist it maybe ulcers.

Oh well nevermind You've already covered that. Sorry hope you finally get some answers.

I know this is really old but your having the exact symptoms with the exact thoughts as to what it could be! I was just wondering if you found out a definite reason !?!

I would go to urgent care because I had the same problem, i went to urgent care and the doctor said i had a stomach virus. After a week my stomach was still hurting so i started to take intensive bowl support, you probably have IBS. You just have problems with your bowls they just dont function like others bowls.

Hey there, I have had this same issue. I am also a regular weed amiker but i don't think the two are related, here is why; i started having these symptoms at 7 years of age, severe stomach pains every single morning, most of the time it is what wakes me up, this is followed by constant trips to the bathroom with constipation and diarrhea. My mother took me to see my GP and he said it was IBS. I am now 34 and have been diagnosed with Sarcoidosis (an autoimmune didease) and during those tests they found granulomas growing throughout my organs all over in my body. Still they say this is unrelated to my stomach symptoms. They did a scope and a colonoscopy and still came back with diverticulitis and irritable bowel. I am not satisfied with these answers.
I truly believe it is related to what they are putting in our food. Too many are affected in th US with these similar stomach issues.
Blessings friend,
Hope you find some real answers and proper treatment soon.

I'm way behind on this post but I've experienced these symptoms also. A year ago I was such a heavy pot smoker that I smoked non stop. I started waking up at 4 every morning with nausea/diarrhea. It was the worst experience of my life. I thought I was dying. It put me in the hospital 4 times over 6 months because no one could figure it out. I've had my gall bladder removed so that couldn't be it. They did a colonoscopy and endoscopy and I just knew they would find something. Nope. All good. I have acid reflux so I take oneprazole but they couldn't find anything else to told me I have IBS and sent me on my way with a bag full of different meds that rarely helped besides the Ondansetron for nausea. Thank God for that stuff! Normally by the end of the day I was high enough to eat then the cycle would start over the next day. When I would run out of pot the symptoms got worse on top of night sweats and cold chills that came along with pot withdrawal. Finally, I quit smoking. I didn't smoke for about 5 months and the symptoms stopped. I would still be very careful about certain medicines and foods because I was terrified of getting sick again but I stopped having issues. Well, about 3 months ago I started smoking again and it's turned into daily use again. Now I'm up around 5 every morning with the sensation that I need to use the bathroom or I'm going to be sick. I'll wake up nauseated so I'll take a nausea pill then smoke which helps in that moment. I will normally go sit in the bathroom for half an hour or so hoping that I don't vomit and hoping that I can just go and the pain will stop. It does. I'm not a 5 am person though so I hate it. I think it has something to do with pot withdrawal for me because overnight is the longest I go without smoking. That's just my theory. Pot users will say there's no such thing as withdrawal but there definitely is if you're a heavy user. I lost 30 pounds after quitting because I could barely eat for weeks. It took over a month for my body to stop having these symptoms after quitting smoking. A week isn't enough to go back to regular. If you experience similar symptoms and are a heavy smoker, try taking a break and see. Otherwise definitely take probiotics and don't eat a heavy meal at night and hope things get better. I'm writing this at 6 am...I've been sitting in my bathroom since 5. Woo hoo.

I second this post, after doing hours of online research online and visiting doctors myself. I suffer from stomach pains and other symptoms, but only contracted them when I started smoking again after over a years break. The pain was almost instant, only after about two weeks of use the symptoms become very apparent. I don't this is Cannabis Hyperemesis but something else that causes similar effects (ie stomach pain, no appetite). Nearly everybody on this forum, including myself, have admitted to either regular or heavy marijuana use. To much to pass off, and reading other forums will only further back up this point. I also suggest stopping, on nearly 90% of posts like this have a witness account of someone stopping use and feeling normal again.

Try coming off the weed and any prescription pills you dont need. Your stomache will be in agony for about 5 days coming off the weed. takes about 3 weeks all in for long term heavy smokers to get eating well again. My stomache healed itself when i stopped putting smoke in it. I started back up cannabis to enjoy once a while. but i ended up enjoying it too much and now smoke everyday again, about 8 bongs a day. my stomache has returned to bloaty and the pain is slowly coming back. ive only been back on weed over 1 year, i definitly put it down to the strength of weed nowadays and we all dont eat and exercise enough. So im about to come off weed for the 2nd time. I love it as well, but the smoke doesnt agree with me. Hope yous find the root cause for yourselves