Hello, I am very young, 18 and have been experiencing extreme head pressure. But here is the thing, I was a marijuana smoker for a good 2 years, (Yes, I know I am wrong and have quit so please don't bash my faults because I would just like to know that I am okay) One day I had smoked and started having anxiety attacks, heavy head pressure, difficulting swallowing, tingling in my arms, weird spasms, just all the symptoms of anxiety. I stopped smoking and I began having anxiety including constant weird pressure in the back of my mind. I was prescribed Xanax and muscle tension meds to help which I will admit did help me quite a bit. As long as I don't think about the anxiety and pressure in my head I am fine, except for problem is I cannot help BUT to think about it taking over my life. So I believe that it was all triggered by marijuana, which I have vowed to quit and I am doing fine without it and don't plan on starting back. Through out my days now I am doing much better but sometimes I have tingly feeling in my head that shoots through my body, vision feels a little blurry but not serious, tension in my neck and lower head area sometimes, but the main thing is the pressure in my head every once in a while that is just scary. The doctor has told me it is just from stress, and even though meds to help me most of the time I just need to some reassurance that I am not, this sounds crazy but, dying. I am very young and in a whole different state than my family trying to support myself and get an education so stress is something that could possibly be causing this. And do not have the ability to just take myself to a doctor to run tests if possible because of being on my own. But only when I think about it the tingly sometimes numb sometimes tension feeling on the back of my head, jaw line, face does mess with me and psych me out. I would just like some info on what anyone thinks this may be or could be, or someone who has experienced the same thing. OH as well as when sleeping, I sometimes jump out of my sleep which causes more anxiety to take over causing it difficult to sleep. So please, the weird pressures in my neck head and sometimes behind my eyes (I forgot to mention) is uncomfortable. I just need some comfort or answers because I begin school soon and this has just really taken a toll on my every day life. Im not sure if maybe this is hereditary or what it may be, I was taken from my mother at birth who was addicted to drugs and my father is unknown. Im just very confused and scared right now. Xanax does help me but it is not something I want to become addicted to. PLEASE someone help me.

I have this very problem too! I'm 17 and started getting anxiety attacks last year after I had a smoke. But I believe marijuana  could have triggered my attacks as well because I would smoke weed quite often (haven't drank, smoked or done drugs in over a year now)  and it never really effected me til this one time, the stuff wasn't laced it was from a very trusted person, but my trips got so scary to the point where it seemed I was on meth or something (never done it) again my trips scared the sh*t out of me, I would get attacks but had no Idea what they were. 2 months later I was diagnosed with panic disorder.  I have every other symptom you speak of, at random though. It started this year, not so much painful but dull pressures around my head, I was told they were stress headache, or ice pick headaches. My friend told me that it was just your brain swelling from too much brain activity.  My vision only really blurs when I focus on something.  I mostly have difficulty swallowing, when I'm talking - I think that just might be from saliva though. And oh my the tingling in the arms! My left arm hurt for two weeks, my doctor gave me exercises    to do - never worked. So I finally called health link they said nothing was wrong so about a month after that I was taken to the E.R because of severe chest pains leading down to my left arm.  I sat in the hospital for 8 hours. They gave me advil and ativan, did some extra tests to see if my liver was in tact and it was all fine. The head thing really worries me though, I'm too scared to even tell my doctor about it, I researched everywhere I have yet to find anything that fills the description yet. :( So I have no answer, just thought I would share my - somewhat similar experience, good luck! :D

Ahhhh that is so crazy! Well so far my head pressure varies and it isn't as bad as it used to be starting out, Xanax was helping me quite a bit until I ran out and they prescribed me an anti-depressant. BUT the anti-depressant didn't help at ALL and only made my panics worst to where I actually just got back from the ER tonight because I was struggling to breathe as well my hands were cramping. I mean cramping to where I couldn't even move them or pick anything up so my boyfriend took me to the ER. When I got there they told me I began hyperventilating because of the breathing symptons I get from anxiety and need to learn how to control my breathing when that happens. ALTHOUGH I do not know how to train my mind or my body to live with anxiety quite yet. I was prescribed Ativan as well to me as well as so far it has helped me calmed down with my breathing a lot. Tension still builds up in my mind but its only when I am having anxiety. I'm starting to realize it is all about controlling your mind and emotions, as hard as that may be. I still have not seen my family physician but so far my first night of taking Ativan has helped me pretty greatly. I"m still planning on looking deeper into the issue though because this is not something I wanna live with, and I just need reassurance this is anxiety and not something else harmful you know? I will continue to follow up with you!! :)

I have the same feeling...it has taken over my life. Its a struggle by far.

yo im going through the same thing now, my blood pressure is 150/78...so idk. i havent gone to the doctor at all ,i thought it was my sidom teeth because it started hapenning when the started coming in but the surgeon told me they werent it.I still smoke now ,in fact when it started i started smoking more to try to ya know, ignore it or somthing ol. but to no avail. It is effecting me very badly, ive had anxiety but its gotten worse gradually over thelast year and now i dont rarely talk to anyone .I agree with the brain activity makeing the brain hurt thing.actually i used to be able to think at a much greater pace than now, and thats the reason why im concerned.i actually conveniently aquired some xanax and they do help dramatically with the anxiety and I like never feel the head pain.Its efecting my life,you guys say that quiting smoking isnt it...I have some weird thoughts somtimes,slightly schizophrenic(only the people can hear my thoughts and influence them subconciously...negative symptoms, the ones that meds dont fix but therapy does)and ive read that shizophrenic people have enlarged Ventricular systems so that may be it( do you guys feel like that or is it just me?)head hurts when i think hard,  or get stressed.its doing it right now 

I've had this same problem for almost three years. When it first started happening I was in and out of the emergency room terrified that my head would explode or something. This was also triggered by marijuana and has not gone away. The head pressure itself occurs seldom, but I have anxiety and panic attacks on pretty much a daily basis. From what I've found, the head pressure and numbness/tingling are just symptoms of a tension headache caused by anxiety. So just try to stay calm and take care of it like you would any other headache. I know that is insanely difficult. That is exactly what I am trying to do this very minute.

Hey going through the exact same thing. I but I also have hypochondria or seems like it. I am unable to sleep at night. And its been 2 months now. I just want to go back to who I have before my first panic attack. I have a phobia of death and dying and another of going crazy which just makes things worse. I hope this is a temporary condition. Oh and I also suffer from spasms and depersonalization

Has anyone actually figured out a how to get over this problem :( feels like it is controlling my life, keep hoping it will just get better with time. my doctor just says its anxiety triggered by cannabis and has put me on medication (doesn't help) just makes me feel less depressed about this situation. Its not f*****g fun    

Im with hamish! I've had constant pressure for about a month and a bit, docs thinks it sinus,

but ive had antibiotics and still got it.......

Please, snacsun if you got an answer let us know!

I have the exact same thing happening to me idk what to do it is controlling my my life

I have the same problem any word on what's wrong...?

What kind of head problems are you having?