Okay sunday I started feeling sick. Sore throat chills mild fever 100.Monday I felt the same so I stayed home from work. Yesterday I was much better but I noticed these red bumps on the palms of my hands. They are sore kinda like a stinging. This morning more showed up on my palms and now the bottom of my feet. The ones on my feet hurt bad. I can barley walk an wear shoes.Its hard to even use my hands for the little things..wash dishes,sweep etc without my hands hurting They are not blisters just red bumps that hurt bad. Well went to the clinc and they said hand foot mouth virus?! Never heard of this or had anything like this b4. Is this what it sounds like? I feel much better other then these painful bumps everywhere. Plus it looks awful :( btw none were in my mouth. They gave me some cream but the Dr i saw wasnt really helpful and said " I think you have Hand foot mouth virus" :o Maybe im just being paranoid but he didnt seem know for a moment. Any advice?

my 2yr old niece had this the dr. said grownups cant get it but others say they can they told her to drink & eat cold stuff. she said it spreads from ppl useing the bathroom & not washing their hands.

It's sounds more like adult chicken pox or small pox- cold foods and plenty of drinking water.

I've got the sore throat and two days later these strange shaped sores oval looking appeared on my fingers with intense itching then my feet felt the same the day afterwards, now there red and some are large and round and are on top of the hands and on the side off the feet. Dr thought it was scabies and He prescribed this cream that I put on from neck to toes. left on for 14 hours supposed to kill the bug. and gave me an anti anxiety med for itching basically knocked me out.. 3 rd day itching is gone rinsed off cream and just waiting for these sores to go away. Looked on internet and had exact pictures of my condition on Hand foot and mouth, wll it said Sore throat and other symptoms point to this. I don't know what to do/