Hi! I am 35 years old man. My job is very stressful. I love my job, and I don’t worry about money, but I worry about my health. Recently, I read some article about stress and health problems. What do you know about relation between stress and heart problem? Can you tell me something more about that?

Hi! I had heart attack, probably because stress. Because my health I quit my job, and I live in village. You should know that there is link between stress and heart problems. Either stress leads to unhealthy behavior, such as smoking more, drinking to excess and exercising less, which increases risk of heart problems, or stress has its own independent biological effect on the heart. You should avoid stress where possible and learn how to manage stress where it cannot be avoided. Learn about stress management in the stress gym and in our section on coping with stress. If you have any concerns about your heart you should consult your doctor.