Hello everyone. My name is Luisa and I am 28 years old. I am married but not happily. At all! Anyway, three months ago I find out that mu husband is cheating on me and that he spends his all money to the poker games. Beside, I have really stressful work and it is more stressful because I know that he won't bring any coin in the house :/ I really don't know what to do. I am in that marriage because we have two lovely kids (they are 2 and 5 years old), but I think that I can't handle it anymore. I was always healthy but now I have some ugly pressure in my chest and I am afraid that I can have some heart disease. None in my family never had any heart problems, but I want to know can unhappy marriage and stressful work increase risk of heart disease? 

Hello there. I am really, really sad to hear this but you should definitely do something about this because as you can see, this situation in your life is destroying your life. Of course that any stressful period in your life and stressful work can increase risk of the heart disease. So if you don't have any problems with your heart for now, you should really do something. Maybe the divorce is also stressful, but sometimes it is the best solution ever. So, think about it. I believe that, if you get rid of the one thing in your life that makes you feel bad, you can be healthy. Good luck. 

Hey La Mujer,

You see, stress is bad for everywhere, it is bad for you health, it can increase your risk of heart disease and can easily lead to depression, which leads to everything else and is very hard to treat.

I'll agree with The Big Z, you need to find a way out of this. If you are planning to stay with your husband, you need to figure out a way how to not be stressful and how to avoid these stressful situations. If you can't do that, the best solution for you and your health is to get a divorce and try to live with your kids.

Hey everyone,

As far as I know, it is not universally agreed that all types of stresses can contribute to developing any kind of heart diseases. I'm not sure which types exactly cause this, but I remember that there were some special types that can contribute to this more than others.

Also, the worst case scenario would be if you get into depression. Depression is worst thing that can happen to anyone and the way out is extremely hard and only a small number of people make it out of it. Depression is definitely one of the risk factors of heart diseases.

Well, I had a big trouble with depression. It is easy to say it to people in this way, online, where nobody knows you, but nobody who didn't have depression doesn't have a clue how awful it is and how dangerous it can get. It is one of the most common causes of suicides in the world and as you said, it is one of the most common risk factors of heart diseases. So, this way or the other, depression, not only that it breaks the person and its emotions in pieces, it can also lead to death in multiple ways.

I totally agree with you Bee, that's why I told her that she needs to get out of the situation that she is in as soon as possible.

I know that it isn't mine to tell you this, but I consider it as a piece of advice: if you can prove in court that your husband has mistresses and that he is spending your money on gambling, you can easily get both of your children to live with you. That would be a win for both you and your children and you wouldn't have to worry about you getting stressed out, or your children, which is even worse.

I completely agree with you, Alan. I've came out of an even worse situation, as you know, rarely anyone can escape depression but it is not the same as her situation.

The first step towards making your life better is removing all the things that cause you stress. I believe that you can benefit from a divorce more than your husband could. If this is true what you just told us, than the divorce is the best possible solution that you have. If you are considering it, be sure to consult a lawyer about it, just so you get to know about all the little details of the divorce procedure.

Hello everyone.
I know that I should change something in my life but sometimes I think that I can't, that I don't have any "power" to do it. Even if I want to do it I always go back to the beginning. And I don't know why. Yes, I am probably depressed because nothing can be good in my life. I know that stress is bad and that it can do only bad things for me, but I can't help it. I don't know what to do to change everything. I do believe that some of you had the worse situations in the life and that is why I am asking you for help. Thank you for understanding me.

Hey there. I think that unhappy marriage can't cause heart problems but stress that this silly life is causing you - it can. Now my advice is pretty much similar to others advice that you probably get - you need to try to do something about your life as soon as possible. You need to find a way to get out of this ugly condition that you are in right now. This all can affect your health - it can make you stressed, nervous, depressed and that is really bad for your health generally. Do something about your life.