Hi, I am 34 years old, and I have a very stressful job. I developed IBS, and I have pain in my upper abdomen. Could it be caused by stress, or is there another cause?

I can’t tell you if there is another cause for your IBS when you didn’t say anything about you habits, life still and other conditions. However, stress could be a reason for this problem. Many people developed IBS because of their stressful jobs, financial problems, emotional problems and similar things. Pain in upper abdomen often indicates constipation or sensitive bowl. A treatment depends only on type of your IBS. If you have constipation, you will have to eat food that is rich in fiber, drink plenty of water and exercise. Whatever your final diagnose is, you should reduce the stress in your life anyway. It can only harm you, one way or another .