It started when I was sitting and relaxing and I felt a strong heart beat, I have had these before and they never really seemed to bother me, but this time I felt my pulse. I was convinced I was having some kind of heart attack and my heart just raced and it took me a while to calm down but I eventually did. I can feel a particular spot just in the area between my chest and my side. My doctor is convinced there is nothing wrong but I cannot get past this, what can I do?

I would suggest starting by the simplest blood test. It could be some panic attack or a psychiatric problem. That needs to be address to professional. I think your should be referred to an endocrinologist. I had an episode about a week ago where I got anxious about something and it started my heart racing again. I counted my heart rate around 150 for about 30 min while trying to relax and called a doctor who told to go to the ER just in case. Everything was normal, so I guess panic attack caused strong heart beats.

you are not having a panic attack. you are upset.