when i was 13 i was diagnoised with wolf parkinson white syndrome i am now 14 years old and right today i have to wear a heart onitor to actually figure out is that what i really have. having wolf parkinson white syndrome is something to worry about i am only 14 and cant play or do anything that is really fun because i dont want to end up in the hospital or dead some where because i have decided to do the wrong thing but if the monitor says that i do have wolf parkinson white syndrome i have to get surgery and i am very scared but i would rather get it instead of not being able to do nothing

Hey "guest" I was born with WPW and had a VERY active childhood. I played baseball, football, soccer, basketball. Fortunately for me my symptoms did not show up until my teenage years. I was about 17 when my heart raced for the first time. It scared me because my heart went from a resting heart rate to racing in one beat. Fortunately I was able to bring my heart rate back down by holding my breath in a way like I was trying to go to the bathroom. (kinda gross I know.) Finally after about 5 years of episodes about one to 4 per month, it happened to me at work but this time my heart was racing faster than ever. (210 beats per minute). I went to the ER and the did an EKG and discoved the problem. I had the surgery and am fine today. I was actually back to work 2 days after my surgery and I delivered furniture for a living! If you have WPW I would suggest the surgery, it was painless. If you have the surgery you will forever be "in touch" with your heartbeat and you might feel your heart pound a few times every now and again try to race, this happens to me once in awhile. I believe in God and I know he will get you through this. Stay strong and don't worry, things will be OK.