I have been having a white discharge from my penis. burning sensation after urination. my doctor did a culture on the white discharge and the test results were negative. he said i was ok and no need for anti-biotics. he said the white discharge is probably from the prostate and will gradually go away. my question: can my dr be wrong? he did not enter the swab in my penis to scrap the area to see if the infection is there or not. i am worried

Don't worry, white discharge usually means nothing. It is pre - ejaculation fluid and every one of us needs to notice it once. That is why those tests are negative and that is why you don't need any type of medications or antibiotics. Having a penis discharge is a normal thing, it is not a normal thing to be colored - yellow, green or red. If you are scared, you should seek for some other opinion, because it can be urinary tract infection, since you are feeling those burning sensations. I really hope that evening went OK, I know why am I saying- - I had the same things but I was healthy totally. And I still am. 

hope it is ok

This is definitely a case for a second and third opinion if necessary. Regardless of the prostate answer, this discharge is not normal. It sounds like you didn't get any answers or treatment. Get to another doctor quick. I hope that you are not having sex with anyone, just in case this is an infection. I hope you have gotten this cleared up since you made your post. Don't sit around with this problem. Unless you have had this symptom since birth, it's not normal for you...discharges, pus, etc. usually aren't. Good luck...Be sure to give us a follow-up post...We want to know how you're doin.

I agree, get a second opinion - sounds like chlamydia to me. Men with chlamydia can experience:

A white,cloudy and watery or greenish-yellow discharge from the penis

Pain or burning on urinating

A possible increase in the frequency of urination

Burning and itching around the opening of the penis

Chlamydia is diagnosed by either a urine test or by taking a swab sample from a site such as the penis (inside I believe). Chlamydia infections are easily treated with antibiotics. I am not telling you to fake a cold and get on antibiotics either ;-)