I know that Chlamydia is caused by bacterium and that is sexual transmitted disease. Also, I know is very common among young adults and teenagers. As I have heard many people doesn’t even know they have it. Something like symptoms don’t always occur at infected one. What I want to know is something about testing on Chlamydia because I want to check myself.

Round five years ago, testing for Chlamydia in women involved taking swab from the cervix, what is neck of the womb. It had to be taken during a speculum examination. It’s similar to a smear test. New test could be done on urine samples, or on swabs that a woman inserts into vagina herself. Then it has to be safely deposited into container and sent to the laboratory. This test on Chlamydia is much easier for woman because they avoid the need for an intimate and uncomfortable examination. Sexual partner also has to be checked. For men, the only sample that was satisfactory was a swab from urethra at the top of penis. For them, urine tests are not as reliable as one done on a swab, it’s easy and doesn’t hurt. Off course, the new tests are twice as expensive as the old were.