I started on Zoloft over a month ago. It was going good but a couple of days ago I started to feel worse and had some thoughts of suicide. My boyfriend told me to stop taking them and I did but That seemed to make me really moody to the point where I don't feel in control at all. I feel back to the way I used to before I took it but all the problems with my anxiety that the meds made go away came back too. I can't talk to my doctor for another couple of days and I don't know what to do. He doesn't know I am having these problems. Help!

Antidepressants have been linked to suicidal thoughts.  I don't feel in authority to tell you to stop taking your medication or to continue taking it, but do what you think is best for you.

In the mean time, I suggest you relax and do what you can to keep your mood up.  Until you can talk to your doctor: get a massage, watch fun movies, do some yoga, read good books - whatever will help you relax.  Try to take your mind off any negative mood.

You may also want to consider getting your hormones looked at.  Talk to your doctor about getting a test done to look at your hormone levels and ask him which medications or supplements assist the best with your specific hormonal imbalance/problem/whathaveyou.

I suffered from depression for 6 damn years ....it was like hell...  I dont take medications anymore ...  God showed me a secret how to beat it !!!. He gave me a new talent , photography !!!!. I spend hours focusing my mind on it and not focusing on depression anymore... Cut that sh*t out and change ure life style ....do like me ....do photography !!!! it helps wonders.

best regards

Gilbert

I am not taking them for depression. I am taking them for an anxiety disorder. I have tried meditating and I prayed intensely with the ppl I worked with at a christain organization. I finally went to a new doctor who listened to me. I have IBS and this doctor said that it was the anxiety. He gave me this stuff and it finally helped. All my symptoms got better but then I had these depression issues that I didn't have before. I stopped taking the meds but am back to square one. Now I am aggitated and am having my IBS stuff again. Stress is killing me!! I paint when I am feeling off but It is hard with a Two-year-old

Thank you for the advice. I am not sure if I am being given the right stuff and I am not sure if I should have a counsler or shrink or somethin or if my medical card will cover it.

A lot of times the secret to beat this what I call witch spell is to try and change a bit  your life style. Start thinking of new things you would like to do ex... walking / jog outside, photography, fishing, painting , cooking , gym, joining groups and spice it up by thinking positively . Day after day you feel this coming more ar ease . Wake up in the morning and keep repeating psychologically (just thinking ) ' I will get through this , even though I feel like a c**p , I  am not afraid , I will beat this , I am getting stronger and stronger and stronger ....(show a bit of anger when you mention this word stronger). Keep it in mind that deep inside you there is still that old you , battling to get out of this quick sand . Bring him out slowly do not be afraid to show your emotions.

Download and watch themes/ small clips from Rocky Balboa 4 ( remember that it is a war youre battling and you will conquer this war by  strong weapons and amunitions . War theme from Rocky Balboa 4 is a perfect weapon to beat this witch out of your life once and forever.  I wll send you a link ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCOdAGhejo ( look at his face , always work on it and that face of Rocky is you psychologically ure becoming stronger and more stronger... use this theme in difficult situations in ure life and you start to built up anger to fight against this spell . Do not be afraid never.....keep your mind focus and stay strong

another link from the movie of Rocky : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUzcDUERLo&feature=related ( look at the traning sessions that both of the fighters are doing , work on them psychologically , keep repating inside you those motivating words '' No pain, no gain , no pain , no gain .....use them in your gym sessions and finally you will laugh at your depression once you show her that you are much more stronger than her...

Best regards ,

Gilbert

My anti depressants made me suicidal too, but you have to talk to your doctor because maybe he can try you on another one that will work better for you. I tried about 3 and eventually he found one that worked best for me. I wasn't suicidal anymore, but because of the disease of depression, its easy to sink into those low state of mind that you just want to die, i recognize that and the suicidal thoughts don't come often anymore. I really believe some of the drugs to cause this, but your doctor can still find one that will work for you. I have struggled with depression for about 10 years now, but the medication and therapy has helped me a great  deal that i was able to get off the meds and just stick to therapy. It still comes and goes, but its controlled and it has not dragged me into the deepest type of depression i suffered for years where i saw no hope or any need to live. Just come here everyday and talk until your next doctor visit, but definitely let him/her know about your suicidal thoughts. Its dangerous when you keep it in your head and don't talk about it, when you talk about it, someone can help you process those thoughts and show you a better way. This forum " steady health.com" is the best thing that has happened to my depressed, panic and anxiety attack loaded life. This is therapy!!!!!! I am very grateful i found this site.